+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Current EE applicants...PLEASE ANSWER! :)

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Hi all

There seems to be genuine confusion surrounding proof of funds when when you need it. Some people say that you need to have sufficient funds at the time of applying for EE. Some say that you only need to have sufficient funds at the time of submitting your application following ITA.

My question, to those who are currently in the EE pool, is...how many of you had the required funds when you submitted your initial EE application?

Thanks

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I think we need to ask those who have had their ITA.

Not sure many of those are still around now.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
CIC requires bank statement for 6 month back at the time of actual application.

Everything in Express of interest stage is self-declaring, it's only when you got ITA and submit an actual file where there are humans involve in verifying what you have declared.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Do we have any idea how much access the 'humans' have of knowledge of when ITA was issued to when we applied?

For instance if we are issued an ITA and then send application off 6 weeks later, and funds 'legitimately appear' at week 3, do they see a timeframe?

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Thanks

For the avoidance of doubt. I'm specifically asking how many people currently in the pool and awaiting ITA don't (or didn't) have the minimum funds when they submitted their initial EE application.

It's not clear whether you need to have these funds at application.

As far as I'm aware, you don't need the minimum in your account at EE application. If this were an issue, I'm pretty sure someone would've experience a rejection of ITA already, on the grounds that they didn't have funds on EE application, and we would've heard about it, right?

PJR3055

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
bairn7 said:
Hi all

There seems to be genuine confusion surrounding proof of funds when when you need it. Some people say that you need to have sufficient funds at the time of applying for EE. Some say that you only need to have sufficient funds at the time of submitting your application following ITA.

My question, to those who are currently in the EE pool, is...how many of you had the required funds when you submitted your initial EE application?

Thanks
You don't need it while filling out your EE profile. you need to mention the funds you can show after you get an invitation. if you received ITA, then at submission of documents you need to show the proof of funds/bank statement at for the figure you mentioned.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Is it statements though, or financial letter. CIC says letter...

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
PJR3055 said:
You don't need it while filling out your EE profile. you need to mention the funds you can show after you get an invitation. if you received ITA, then at submission of documents you need to show the proof of funds/bank statement at for the figure you mentioned.
PJR3055, you've answered my question perfectly, thank you!!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am not an expert, but I have long thought you must have the funds when you enter the EE pool as qualifying for FSW is one of the first steps and funds are part of that. I went to the CIC site and found this section below. It muddies the waters still, but looks like you have to show the proof "in your home country when you apply to immigrate" which I interpret as submission of ITA dox. The fact you have to provide the bank letters and account balances for 6 months is to show the progression of your funds, and POSSIBLY, does not mean the whole amount must be there for the 6 months as long as the entire amount is there on the day you submit ITA.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Thanks Pippin. From my research I agree.

You need to have the funds in your account when you apply for ITA. You DON'T need to have the funds for the 6 months of bank statements. I believe that the bank statements are more to establish your regular income/outgoings so that if there are any abnormal entries, these can be queried.

Thanks for your input :)