NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
Hello folks.... I have a question.

My wife is out of country to visit family and friends for the past 4 months and she is returning back mid-April. I am right now filling the IMM0008-1E form (Details of family members) in which, the question about my spouse is, 'Current Country of Residence'. Am I supposed to mention 'USA' or 'INDIA'? I would like to mention 'INDIA' because, thats where she is right now when I am filling out this form. Wouldn't that be the appropriate answer? Please advice.

When I send the complete application to local CHC, at that time, she would have come back to USA. In that case, I can change the detail.

Thank you.

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
canpr said:
Hello folks.... I have a question.

My wife is out of country to visit family and friends for the past 4 months and she is returning back mid-April. I am right now filling the IMM0008-1E form (Details of family members) in which, the question about my spouse is, 'Current Country of Residence'. Am I supposed to mention 'USA' or 'INDIA'? I would like to mention 'INDIA' because, thats where she is right now when I am filling out this form. Wouldn't that be the appropriate answer? Please advice.

When I send the complete application to local CHC, at that time, she would have come back to USA. In that case, I can change the detail.

Thank you.
Her current country of residence is INDIA. She is going abroad on a visit (visit visa) and as such does not have the residence permit of the country she is going to, in this case USA.

"The Eagle has Landed"

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
Thank you. But, once she gets back to the USA, I will be changing the current country of residence to the USA, right?

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
canpr said:
Thank you. But, once she gets back to the USA, I will be changing the current country of residence to the USA, right?
Hold on. Please ignore my earlier post, I think I have misunderstood your question. Where are you currently residing eg living and working. is it USA?
And your wife is on visit to INDIA, is that correct?

Note: If that is the case, then your current country of residence is USA and not INDIA, even though she is currently in INDIA.

"The Eagle has Landed"

canpr

Nov 12, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-01-2010
LANDED..........
12-2012
Yes, you are right. That is my case. But, the question is not about me. Its about her. This question is under 'Spouse's details'. So, I am trying to find out what would be her current country of residence. Let me know.

Thank you.

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
canpr said:
Yes, you are right. That is my case. But, the question is not about me. Its about her. This question is under 'Spouse's details'. So, I am trying to find out what would be her current country of residence. Let me know.

Thank you.
It is USA, as she is in India only on a visit.

RONROME

Jun 15, 2011
Hi! I need your help! I am a Foreign Contract worker here in Canada for 3 years and 8 months now and has been sponsored by my employer for AINP(PNP).. Now on the Schedule 1 IMM0008, It says what is the "Current Country of Residence" and "Your status in that Country"? What should I put? Is it "Canada" and "Temporary Resident" Respectively? Or is it my home country "Philippines" and "Citizen", respectively? Please help. Thanks!

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SIMPLE: I am Indian staying in USA since last 5years some months, I choose Buffalo NY so, I mentioned my current residence country USA not India.

OMM

tigermom250

Jun 13, 2011
RONROME said:
Hi! I need your help! I am a Foreign Contract worker here in Canada for 3 years and 8 months now and has been sponsored by my employer for AINP(PNP).. Now on the Schedule 1 IMM0008, It says what is the "Current Country of Residence" and "Your status in that Country"? What should I put? Is it "Canada" and "Temporary Resident" Respectively? Or is it my home country "Philippines" and "Citizen", respectively? Please help. Thanks!
The current country of residence will be Canada and your status will be on a Temporary Resident Permit.

Feb 23, 2015
Hi everyone!
I have a question, please.

I will go to Canada (Vancouver) on Friday and will get the tourist visa.
The visa process IEC will probably not open before next week, therefore I will have to apply for the international internship co-op from Vancouver.

What will be my current country of residence?

Thanks very much in advance and best regards, Flo :)

Lovena1206

Apr 30, 2018
Hello Everyone, I have some questions regarding Current country of residence. I am from Mauritius Island but currently visiting UK and have to submit my work permit application online. What should i put as current country of residence ? UK or my home country ? And what should i put "Country where applying : same country as residence ? Yes or No ? I would be very glad if you could help me. Even for the family information they ask for actual address and actual profession ? should i put visitor in UK or put my home country and my work ?

SF83

Feb 11, 2018
Edmonton, AB
Country of residence: Where your Passport is issued.

As far as I understand, the question "country of current residence" VS "Country of residence" is asked because people may have a Passport from country A, but live permanently in Country B.

Example:

Case 1:
I have a German Passport and (hopefully soon:) a Canadian Permanent Residence Card. If I would apply for a Visa for..let's say Australia while I live permanently in Canada:

Country of residence: Germany
Country of current residence: Canada

Case 2:
I skipped my German citizenship and got a Canadian Passport-->became an Canadian citizen. If I would apply for a Visa for..let's say Australia while I live permanently in Canada::

Country of residence: Canada
Country of current residence: Canada

This is it as far as I understood! No guarantee!

Reactions: Lovena1206

baymaxx

Jun 28, 2019
I am an indian citizen but currently working at Tokyo. I got an university admit (one of DLIs) and I would like to get my study permit. I have few queries. Please help me with that.
  1. I would like to know whether I can give "Manila" as the visa centre I am going to apply at in my CAQ form and get my study permit approved at Manila.
  2. Also, I will be using online application to submit my application for study permit. I would like to know how much time it will take to get my study permit approved (an approximate time period is good enough). This link(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html) says Japan takes just 2 weeks to process study permits (I hope its regular study permit process and not SDS). Is it so? If it just takes 2 weeks (but is that data authentic??), can I apply at Tokyo itself?
  3. Is it better for me to apply at India (where I can opt for Student Direct Stream process) or at Manila (regular study permit process)? I am lacking time now and I may not get the visa on time if I delay.
  4. Please tell me whether I am eligible for SDS if I resign at Tokyo and go back to India by the time I start applying for visa at India (incase I opt to apply at India).