+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

currency fluctuation after submitting POF

montyman

May 2, 2021
hi guys, I hope you're all doing well.
after submitting my application, including my bank statement, the exchange rate in my country significantly dropped within 5 months, rendering my submitted funds lower than the requirement.
I received a message telling me that the officer is not satisfied with the sum in my bank account.
I included a letter of explanation which shows the exchange rate at the time of POF submission.
how can I proceed?

also, I knew that the exchange rate would drop so I withdrew my money from my bank account and exchanged it to u.s dollars. so I do have the sufficient funds, I just want to know what's the best way to proceed from here?
anyone?

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
hi guys, I hope you're all doing well.
after submitting my application, including my bank statement, the exchange rate in my country significantly dropped within 5 months, rendering my submitted funds lower than the requirement.
I received a message telling me that the officer is not satisfied with the sum in my bank account.
I included a letter of explanation which shows the exchange rate at the time of POF submission.
how can I proceed?

also, I knew that the exchange rate would drop so I withdrew my money from my bank account and exchanged it to u.s dollars. so I do have the sufficient funds, I just want to know what's the best way to proceed from here?
anyone?
Are you keeping all the money in cash?
Does your country allow one to have bank accounts in USD?
If so, I would open an account in USD, deposit the money and request a new bank statement. Then in a LOE, I would explain what I did since the time I withdrew the money because of the fear of it losing value, including all the receipts of the different transactions done (withdrawals, exchanges and deposits).
Hope that helps.