+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Curious case of adding new born baby

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have a specific case where we came to know that my wife was pregnant after receiving the PPR and stamped Visa on passport. Her delivery was planned for March '18 while our Visa expiry was January '18.

After seeing similar cases on the forum where Visas were extended or new visas issued (for whole family) after the baby was born, we tried reaching out to Abu Dhabi VO multiple times to allow us to land after the baby is born - we visited personally, by CSE, Email (address given in PPR) but all in vain. They just did not bother to reply. Not to forget, I know of some cases from same VO where the request was accepted.

Having no option, we went for soft-landing, came back, had our bundle of joy in the month of March and by now are ready with his birth certificate/passport. We wish to lodge a complaint with CIC on not allowing us (or not replying to our case) due to which my wife and I now have the PR while the baby does not. Our point is simple - CIC allowed others to extend visa and add baby to PR, while denying us the same.

Can anyone suggest/guide on how can we proceed with this?

Please help
Thanks

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
First of all, many congrats on the birth of your child.

I was one of the person who got the baby added to the application after Visa and COPR was granted to me and my wife and then received a new set of COPR for all three of us. I can fully sympathize with you as you now need to have one person in Canada to sponsor your child and that would mean you and your wife being separated for at least 12 months while the sponsorship visa is in process.

Regarding the complaint, I hope you have saved those proofs of trying to contact the VO in order to explain your "change in circumstances". The only option I see is to try and get hold of the Canadian ambassador in your country's embassy and try to explain him your situation.

However, having seen your timeline, I'm going to be honest and say that this will be very challenging for you to win this case. This is because you have mentioned that your visa expiry was in Jan '18 and the delivery was scheduled for March '18. They are probably going to come back and say that at the very latest, you would've known of the pregnancy by August '17. So you had 5 months to inform the VO about your change in circumstance.

So now the question is, when did you start informing them of this "change in circumstance"? If you had been trying to contact them for 5 months and they didn't respond to any email of yours, then you may have grounds to argue. Otherwise, I don't know. I can understand you frustration but don't argue with them on these lines that you allowed others to extend visa and add baby to PR while not allowing us the same. This is because PR is a privilege and not a right. You will never win with this argument. Try to be as polite as possible and request them rather than argue with them.

I really hope everything works for you well in the end.

Reactions: kashjuni

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all, many congrats on the birth of your child.

I was one of the person who got the baby added to the application after Visa and COPR was granted to me and my wife and then received a new set of COPR for all three of us. I can fully sympathize with you as you now need to have one person in Canada to sponsor your child and that would mean you and your wife being separated for at least 12 months while the sponsorship visa is in process.

Regarding the complaint, I hope you have saved those proofs of trying to contact the VO in order to explain your "change in circumstances". The only option I see is to try and get hold of the Canadian ambassador in your country's embassy and try to explain him your situation.

However, having seen your timeline, I'm going to be honest and say that this will be very challenging for you to win this case. This is because you have mentioned that your visa expiry was in Jan '18 and the delivery was scheduled for March '18. They are probably going to come back and say that at the very latest, you would've known of the pregnancy by August '17. So you had 5 months to inform the VO about your change in circumstance.

So now the question is, when did you start informing them of this "change in circumstance"? If you had been trying to contact them for 5 months and they didn't respond to any email of yours, then you may have grounds to argue. Otherwise, I don't know. I can understand you frustration but don't argue with them on these lines that you allowed others to extend visa and add baby to PR while not allowing us the same. This is because PR is a privilege and not a right. You will never win with this argument. Try to be as polite as possible and request them rather than argue with them.

I really hope everything works for you well in the end.
Thanks a lot bro for your reply. I remember you were one of the success stories on similar matter.

Yes, I kept writing to them from July '17 end until November '17. Nobody responded. CSC, Emails, Personal visit to embassy (and giving a handwritten application as suggested at reception). No reply whatsoever. I have all proofs. I even tweeted to Ambassador back then, but no response.

I do not want to argue. I want to request them a simple thing - you did this for others and have been doing it even till date, you should do it for me too.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but regardless of your case which is unlikely now you have landed to result in your new born getting PR based on your original PR application the usual choices now are 1)as shariq123 says sponsor your child from within Canada but that requires at least one sponsor to be in Canada 2)apply for a TRV for your child and move to Canada then apply for PR for your child which should be a clear case for approval

The are a few posts around where people have had children in their home country for various reasons post landing and resolved PR status one way or the other. Not ideal granted but not impossible to resolve.

Reactions: Princess.ada