+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Csq

gelairiz

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Hello guys. Need some help. So we received a letter (2 copies) with csq from MIDI. We are applying for permanent residency under family class. My question is, do we have to send CIC the csq letter we received or will MIDI automatically send it to CIC? Thanks guys

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
Hello guys. Need some help. So we received a letter (2 copies) with csq from MIDI. We are applying for permanent residency under family class. My question is, do we have to send CIC the csq letter we received or will MIDI automatically send it to CIC? Thanks guys
As it is stated in their guide, MIDI should automaticaly transfer the decision to CIC. Anyone out there with a different opinion ??? o_Oo_Oo_O

You may want to ask that question on the "QuebecImmigration" Forum... ;););)

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
They do send it electronically to CIC. CIC occasionally ask for a copy.

In my notes, I can see that MIDI sent my husband's csq to CIC, there’s the csq number and the date it was issued. We are towards the end of our application and CIC has not requested a copy.

Reactions: bergy2018

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09

In my notes, I can see that MIDI sent my husband's csq to CIC, there’s the csq number and the date it was issued. We are towards the end of our application and CIC has not requested a copy.
Thanks for your cooperation. ;):);)
A copy of the CSQ may be requested by an immigration officer at the landing airport. o_O:)o_O
Therefore, your husband should keep in mind to have a copy of his CSQ at the ready when landing.
!!! All the best !!! :);):)

Last edited:

gelairiz

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018

Thank u so much. It is indeed a huge help. Congratulations on ur application. All the best :)

gelairiz

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Thanks for your cooperation. ;):);)
A copy of the CSQ may be requested by an immigration officer at the landing airport. o_O:)o_O
Therefore, your husband should keep in mind to have a copy of his CSQ at the ready when landing.
!!! All the best !!! :);):)
Thanks a lot for this info. It really helps a lot. All the best :)

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
@gelairiz

Your CSQ Approval letters to Sponsor and PA state that IRCC will be notified by MIDI. However in some cases on this forum, IRCC didn't receive CSQ's from MIDI.

Therefore, just to be on a safer side, also inform your Case Processing Centre/Visa Office that you have received CSQ's as well. Do NOT send originals to IRCC. Only send scanned copies of CSQ if you want to.

In your CSQ Approval, you receive TWO correspondences. One for Sponsor and one for PA. In PA's letter, it states:
Code:
Vous devez conserver soigneusement la copie originale de CSQ (feuille qui porte la mention 1 - REQUERANT dans le bas), car vous devrez la presenter pour avoir acces a certains services offerts par le gouvernement du Quebec. Vous devez egalement conserver la copie destines a Immigration Canada (feuille avec la mention 3 - IMMIGRATION CANADA dans le bas), car elle pourra vous etre demandee le Bureau canadien des visas.
It says that Copy 3 is clearly given to you for Canadian Visa Office. So, there's no harm in sending scanned copies of your CSQ to your Visa Office. Delays can be prevented by being proactive since we all know the kind of relationship Federal and Quebec enjoy.

Some old forum members in 2014 decided to send scanned copies to Visa Offices via webform (thread)

gelairiz

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
@gelairiz

Your CSQ Approval letters to Sponsor and PA state that IRCC will be notified by MIDI. However in some cases on this forum, IRCC didn't receive CSQ's from MIDI.

Therefore, just to be on a safer side, also inform your Case Processing Centre/Visa Office that you have received CSQ's as well. Do NOT send originals to IRCC. Only send scanned copies of CSQ if you want to.

In your CSQ Approval, you receive TWO correspondences. One for Sponsor and one for PA. In PA's letter, it states:
Code:
Vous devez conserver soigneusement la copie originale de CSQ (feuille qui porte la mention 1 - REQUERANT dans le bas), car vous devrez la presenter pour avoir acces a certains services offerts par le gouvernement du Quebec. Vous devez egalement conserver la copie destines a Immigration Canada (feuille avec la mention 3 - IMMIGRATION CANADA dans le bas), car elle pourra vous etre demandee le Bureau canadien des visas.
It says that Copy 3 is clearly given to you for Canadian Visa Office. So, there's no harm in sending scanned copies of your CSQ to your Visa Office. Delays can be prevented by being proactive since we all know the kind of relationship Federal and Quebec enjoy.

Some old forum members in 2014 decided to send scanned copies to Visa Offices via webform (thread)
Thank u so much for giving me all this helpful info. I actually received an email from them last December about deadline of the requirements they asked from me (medical exam and csq) and was told to send them the results of the csq or any proofs that i comply. So what i did was i sent them the receipts of the medical and the courier that sent our csq application to MIDI mid of January. Then called the clinic i had the medical exam and said they already sent it to IRCC and also the csq letter said they’ll send it to my visa office electronically. And when i checked my account on my gckey it says that « we have received the documents u submitted » so im praying that everything will be fine and hopefully our application has moved one step forward. I really appreciate ur help. R u also from Quebec?

Mndo1020

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
Hello . I am PA under family class . Does my wife need to send me original CSQ by courir ? Am I able to get PRR without sending or showing them those papers ? Shall I have copy or the original with me ?
Please need help

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
Hello . I am PA under family class . Does my wife need to send me original CSQ by courir ? Am I able to get PRR without sending or showing them those papers ? Shall I have copy or the original with me ?
Please need help
Yes your wife should send you the original document (some people have successfully used scanned copies). You might have to show your CSQ when you land.

I have sent all CSQ copies to my husband.

bij4

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Yes your wife should send you the original document (some people have successfully used scanned copies). You might have to show your CSQ when you land.

Hi,
CIC send me a letter to apply for CSQ. Will CIC wait for CSQ to proceed with my aplication?
Thanks

Precy24

Oct 8, 2019
Hi,
CIC send me a letter to apply for CSQ. Will CIC wait for CSQ to proceed with my aplication?
Thanks
Hi we are in the same situation my spouse submitted my application to MIDI and they recieved it on september 13 2019. Im still waiting.. Hoping for the best

Manjits07

Apr 25, 2019

I m read all comment can you tell me after csq copies send to visa office how much time left ppr

mimmad

Jan 10, 2019
Can you please inform me where you received the csq? Was it sent to the applicant's address or to the address of the person sponsoring the applicant? Mine was issued last week (spoke to them over phone), but we still have not received the csq paper.

Thank you

mimmad

Jan 10, 2019
I m read all comment can you tell me after csq copies send to visa office how much time left ppr
Can you please inform me where you received the csq? Was it sent to the applicant's address or to the address of the person sponsoring the applicant? Mine was issued last week (spoke to them over phone), but we still have not received the csq paper.

Thank you