+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ timeline 2023

Jun 18, 2019
PEQ (in Quebec - Worker under Transitional Measure)

PEQ Application Submitted - March 8
Values Test Request - March 14
Values Test Completed - March 16
Status Updated to "En attente de traitement" - March 30

No update since then...

Reactions: powereng1982

cen23can

May 4, 2023
Category........
QSW
RSWP - Outland
Declaration of interest: 2023-01-29
Invitation to apply: 2023-03-02
Applied on: 2023-03-17
Fees Payment: 2023-03-18
List of documents requested: 2023-03-30
List of documents sent: 2023-04-15
Quebec values test :2023-04-16
Notification of receipt of documents: 2023-04-27

Jun 18, 2019
PEQ (in Quebec - Worker under Transitional Measure)

PEQ Application Submitted - March 8
Values Test Request - March 14
Values Test Completed - March 16
Status Updated to "En attente de traitement" - March 30
Approved (CSQ Letter from Arrima) - May 17

Waiting for the actual CSQ letter by mail.

From Submission to Approval is 70 days. ;)

Last edited:

betterbetter

Star Member
Feb 6, 2023
Hi every,

Here my one question about after receiving your CSQ,

According this page:
https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/immigration-programs/regular-skilled-worker-program/after-selection-certificate
Once you have a valid CSQ and reside abroad, you could be eligible for the IMP+, under which you could obtain an open work permit allowing you to come to Québec more quickly.
If you have a vaild CSQ and reside abroad, have not yet obtained your PR, you and your family can receive a communication from the MiFi. It will enable you to apply for an open work permit from IRCC.
and at the bottom of this page, then they added : "Only those who receive a communication may submit a permit application to the IRCC"
"You must have received a letter of invitation from the province of Quebec to apply for this work permit "

My question is : Will everyone who is eligible receive an letter about invitation for a work permint like this? Or will it only be given to certain eligible individuals?Any criteria for that?

Thanks!

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hi every,

Here my one question about after receiving your CSQ,

According this page:
https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/immigration-programs/regular-skilled-worker-program/after-selection-certificate
Once you have a valid CSQ and reside abroad, you could be eligible for the IMP+, under which you could obtain an open work permit allowing you to come to Québec more quickly.
If you have a vaild CSQ and reside abroad, have not yet obtained your PR, you and your family can receive a communication from the MiFi. It will enable you to apply for an open work permit from IRCC.
and at the bottom of this page, then they added : "Only those who receive a communication may submit a permit application to the IRCC"
"You must have received a letter of invitation from the province of Quebec to apply for this work permit "

My question is : Will everyone who is eligible receive an letter about invitation for a work permint like this? Or will it only be given to certain eligible individuals?Any criteria for that?

Thanks!
You should contact MIFI and see if there any eligibility conditions

betterbetter

Star Member
Feb 6, 2023
You should contact MIFI and see if there any eligibility conditions
Yes, I think this policy is not clear from the website, the only way is to consult MIFI directly.
I suppose if you have a vaild CSQ and especially obtained through the VJO, it would be natural to expect to be invited for a OWP.

Reactions: powereng1982

betterbetter

Star Member
Feb 6, 2023
I got the approval of VJO today, totally 4.5 month from my submission and I am now starting the application process for completing an expression of interest in Arrima and CSQ. However, I still have two questions to consult:

1. Regarding the scoring criteria for VJO, I have a question:
How should it be calculated for the vjo? According to the evaluation criteria, VJO outside of Montreal will receive a score of 10-14 points at CSQ application phase.
But I am wondering if this criteria is based on the location of the job posted or the location where the employer/company is registered. You know that the location where a company is registered and the location where its employees work may not be the same

2. My second question is about the criteria for being approved for CSQ.
Does scoring 50 points as a single applicant or 59 points as a couple will be guaranteed a 100% approval rate?

[Ref-Criteria and scoring: GR_Selection_Travailleurs_Qualifies]

Thanks!

jats07

Jan 23, 2023
I got the approval of VJO today, totally 4.5 month from my submission and I am now starting the application process for completing an expression of interest in Arrima and CSQ. However, I still have two questions to consult:

How should it be calculated for the vjo? According to the evaluation criteria, VJO outside of Montreal will receive a score of 10-14 points at CSQ application phase.
But I am wondering if this criteria is based on the location of the job posted or the location where the employer/company is registered. You know that the location where a company is registered and the location where its employees work may not be the same

Does scoring 50 points as a single applicant or 59 points as a couple will be guaranteed a 100% approval rate?

Thanks!
1) it's depends what address you put in the form when you applied for vjo validation. Current job location matters.
2)if you have vjo outside the metropolitan area of Montreal, you will get invitation for sure. Point doesn't matters.

Do you know when the government is planning to replace RSWP ? Or implement New immigration reform?

betterbetter

Star Member
Feb 6, 2023
1) it's depends what address you put in the form when you applied for vjo validation. Current job location matters.
2)if you have vjo outside the metropolitan area of Montreal, you will get invitation for sure. Point doesn't matters.

Do you know when the government is planning to replace RSWP ? Or implement New immigration reform?

for 2)
My understanding is that even though you receive an invitation in Arrima with VJO outside the metropolitan area of Montreal, you still need to meet the scoring requirements during the CSQ application stage.

In additional, I have heard that Quebec is planning some immigration policy reforms, but mainly focusing on economic and experiential immigration categories, rather than RSWP .

abi_abi

Apr 15, 2022

Thanks!
Thanks for asking, for point 2) There is another Grid of Points until 1200 numbers, these days I think 50 points selection grid is not applicable. You can also notice last few years' draws are having cut off running from 550 to 610 numbers.
However, if you have VJO outside the Montreal region almost certain you will get CSQ invite. please keep us posted about Journey. https://arrima.b2clogin.com/arrima.onmicrosoft.com/b2c_1_authentificationinscription/oauth2/v2.0/authorize check here on this link.

AJ_CSQ

Feb 17, 2023
Category........
QSW
CSQ approved

outland applicant- RSWP

ITA Dec 2022
Apply Jan 2023
QC values test Feb 2023
Send docs Feb 2023
AOR Feb 2023
CSQ May 2023

Sending you luck

betterbetter

Star Member
Feb 6, 2023
Thanks for asking, for point 2) There is another Grid of Points until 1200 numbers, these days I think 50 points selection grid is not applicable. You can also notice last few years' draws are having cut off running from 550 to 610 numbers.
However, if you have VJO outside the Montreal region almost certain you will get CSQ invite. please keep us posted about Journey. https://arrima.b2clogin.com/arrima.onmicrosoft.com/b2c_1_authentificationinscription/oauth2/v2.0/authorize check here on this link.
This link can not open...