+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ - Are we supposed to mail it to the Immigration Office ourselves?

katezinha82

Aug 30, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-10-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2014
LANDED..........
31-08-2014
Hi,

In February 2014, my husband received his CSQ (Certificat de Sélection du Québec). I have of course been approved by both Canada and Quebec as his sponsor.

Today, my husband received an email saying that they needed some extra documents in order to carry on with the processing of his application. Apparently, they are awaiting for a copy of his CSQ. I was under the impression that it was automatically sent to them... Is that not right?

They are now saying to allow for 4 months after the receive this before anything to be processed!

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-12-2014 Visa 23-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
katezinha82 said:
Hi,

In February 2014, my husband received his CSQ (Certificat de Sélection du Québec). I have of course been approved by both Canada and Quebec as his sponsor.

Today, my husband received an email saying that they needed some extra documents in order to carry on with the processing of his application. Apparently, they are awaiting for a copy of his CSQ. I was under the impression that it was automatically sent to them... Is that not right?

They are now saying to allow for 4 months after the receive this before anything to be processed!
Québec's Immigration is supposed to send a copy of the CSQ to the processing visa office. There is some cases where the document doesn't get through.
If the visa office requested your husband to send the document, then he can send the copy marked "Immigration-Canada" and keep the applicants copy. The faster he send, the faster they will resume working on your app.

katezinha82

Aug 30, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-10-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2014
LANDED..........
31-08-2014
Edgehead78 said:
Québec's Immigration is supposed to send a copy of the CSQ to the processing visa office. There is some cases where the document doesn't get through.
If the visa office requested your husband to send the document, then he can send the copy marked "Immigration-Canada" and keep the applicants copy. The faster he send, the faster they will resume working on your app.
Thank you!

Are we supposed to send the original then?? I went to the post office yesterday and sent a copy... It really wasn't clear in the email he received:

"Dear Applicant,
In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.
Quebec Immigration Approval (CSQ)
Your sponsor should have received this from the Ministere de I'Immigration et des Communautes culturelles (MICC) in Montreal"