CSQ and De facto spouse question

pineapple_tee

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a bit unsure about a few things on the CSQ and PR application forms. Hopefully if someone can help, I'll be very grateful.

1. On CSQ form, I am applying for myself and my de facto spouse. No problems there except the section where we have to list countries that we've been to for the past 10 years. We are currently in Dublin, Ireland and our visa expires here in October. We are from Mauritius.
Since we are not currently in our home country, we have to list this. So, in the space provided, do we put the dates that we have been in Dublin up till the end of our visa or until present date? If we put it to the end of our visa then we are including future dates (which is not within the past 10 years). I am unsure about this.

2. On the PR form (I know I haven't reached this stage yet as I haven't sent my CSQ application yet, but just having a look at the whole process), there are nowhere defined for including a defacto spouse. There are just spouse and common-law. Which would we choose?
I am refering to this form: cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008egen.pdf

Thanks again for any help.

Shannone

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Mauritius
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
October 2010
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
No interview
hi,

Have u sorted your issue..in my opinion u need to put the date at present and for the form i will check n let u know.

Do you still need the above info or have sorted it out?

Regards,

Shannone
Mauritian

pineapple_tee

Feb 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Shannone,

Thanks for replying. :)
I actually put the present date and as for the de facto term, it exists as Common law partner. So that's sorted.

I've already sent my CSQ application since 2nd May 2011. Now waiting for a confirmation of receipt from them... Hopefully this should be confirmed soon...

Thanks again for you concern, I really appreciate it. :)

Shannone

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Mauritius
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
October 2010
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
No interview
hi,
wats new?
shannone

xyiday

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
hi

anyone knows how long it takes from file application to csq?

i am from mauritius. thanks :)