+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ after sponsorship approval for outland processing--some questions!

Avana

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2012
AOR Received.
none, approved on 30-08-2012
File Transfer...
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
Hi all,

Not sure if anyone can help me, but I've been getting some mixed reviews...

I got approval for sponsorship on Aug 30 and in the approval letter (e-mail), it said that now that my sponsorship has been approved, my file was being forwarded to my VO (Havana). The same letter said (AFTER saying that it was sent to Havana) that because I live in Quebec, I should submit to Quebec for my undertaking application, and the CSQ for my husband. We filled it out right away and sent it and it was received there on Sept 5th.

Here are my questions:

1- based on what the sponsorship approval said, it seems applying for CSQ would not delay the processing at our VO. Some people have also said that the CSQ only matters once a decision is made on the Visa office. However, I've also read some posts saying that requiring a CSQ does cause a delay, which is true? Anyone know from experience?

2- the MICC says they try to process all apps within 20 business days. Tomo will be the 20th business day, but I've read most people in my situation receiving it within 10-15 days, anyone have recent stats as to how long it would take to receive the CSQ. I will call Wednesday regardless because my card was charged Sept 11th, and still have heard nothing.

3- I was planning on asking for GCMS notes to see if my VO has rec'd my app (they don't send an AOR), but obviously if CSQ is delaying me there would be no point in doing so.. anyone have any idea?

I know I'm still within processing times for MICC but I'm obviously anxious. Was supposed to go see hubby this coming long weekend and because flight issues won't be making it, so now all my energy is back on this.

Would appreciate any help! :)

lioha

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avana said:
Hi all,

Not sure if anyone can help me, but I've been getting some mixed reviews...

I got approval for sponsorship on Aug 30 and in the approval letter (e-mail), it said that now that my sponsorship has been approved, my file was being forwarded to my VO (Havana). The same letter said (AFTER saying that it was sent to Havana) that because I live in Quebec, I should submit to Quebec for my undertaking application, and the CSQ for my husband. We filled it out right away and sent it and it was received there on Sept 5th.

Here are my questions:

1- based on what the sponsorship approval said, it seems applying for CSQ would not delay the processing at our VO. Some people have also said that the CSQ only matters once a decision is made on the Visa office. However, I've also read some posts saying that requiring a CSQ does cause a delay, which is true? Anyone know from experience?

2- the MICC says they try to process all apps within 20 business days. Tomo will be the 20th business day, but I've read most people in my situation receiving it within 10-15 days, anyone have recent stats as to how long it would take to receive the CSQ. I will call Wednesday regardless because my card was charged Sept 11th, and still have heard nothing.

3- I was planning on asking for GCMS notes to see if my VO has rec'd my app (they don't send an AOR), but obviously if CSQ is delaying me there would be no point in doing so.. anyone have any idea?

I know I'm still within processing times for MICC but I'm obviously anxious. Was supposed to go see hubby this coming long weekend and because flight issues won't be making it, so now all my energy is back on this.

Would appreciate any help! :)
Hi Avana,

First, thank you for raising the subject. I was actually thinking of opening a thread for CSQs, where people like us who have to do the extra step for applying from Quebec and dealing with the MICC in addition to Immigration Canada.

As you might remember, we already talked about it in the July 2012 thread, I applied for the CSQ on September 11th, with the application making there on the 12th of September. My credit card was charged on the 18th of September. I still have not got anything yet. So I think we can forget about the 2-3 weeks waiting time. It probably was like this before. But stage 1 used to be 40 days before also (only two years ago people would take an average 6 months for the whole sponsorship process all together). I presume it takes at least a month right now.

For the CSQ application to slow down the sponsorship. I do not think so. Logically, if you apply fast enough after the sponsor receives the approval, by the time the application gets to the visa office, by the time the visa office will actually look into it, you have time to probably get three CSQs. The Visa Office needs to know that the applicant gets a CSQ, because if he did not, that means the sponsor has no meat Quebec requirements.

As for the GCMS notes, there is no relation to the CSQ in the note except maybe a statement saying CSQ recieved. But, if your application was approved by Mississauga, it does not get lost from there on. It is tracked in their system. But to be 200% sure, ordering the GCMS notes should be fine, no matter if you got the CSQ or not.

Please, other Quebec people, share your information, thoughts, experiences. :)

Reactions: hdbyuka

Avana

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
Hi Lioha,

Yes of course I remember discussing it with you in the July forum, just hoping to find out how much longer it could be! I am in the month before you (June applicant), so I sent my CSQ a little before you and still have heard nothing. It would just make everything a little happier to get something from the MICC in the meantime. Me and and hubby have been waiting for my to run home everyday as fast as I can to check the mail. Hoping tomo on our 20th day, we'll finally get it!

I wasn;t sure if maybe CIC waited to send the application to the VO until after CSQ was approved, because it seemed I was getting mixed opinions about it. But I'm glad with your answer :D

With the wait for our CSQ now, I'm hoping our VO doesnt take as long as 3 CSQ's but comes much sooner! and for you too! :) Where is your VO?

Lets hope I hear something soon, and you let me know if you do. And, I agree, i've seen an inland Quebec thread, but not one for outland, so maybe other will join and we can have our own little spreadsheet!

Avana

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
Well, official 20th day of processing has come and gone for me. Tomorrow will be day 21. I'll give them till 22 days and Friday will call to make sure everything is ok. Starting to get nervous about this one. wondering if the political change has anything to do with it... Maybe they're just a few days backlogged... anyone else recently got CSQ?

lioha

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avana said:
Well, official 20th day of processing has come and gone for me. Tomorrow will be day 21. I'll give them till 22 days and Friday will call to make sure everything is ok. Starting to get nervous about this one. wondering if the political change has anything to do with it... Maybe they're just a few days backlogged... anyone else recently got CSQ?
Naa can't be the political change in Quebec. :D Not that fast. It is probably just a slow down in the process. Think of it this way, a refusal is fast and would have come already. Hopefully more people will write down their timelines here for the CSQ.

Avana

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
Hope youre right!! ;)

Avana

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
Still no CSQ! day 21 and counting, seems from the July forum that we're not alone however... looks like it'll be another cpl weeks. As long as it doesnt delay the VO office in any way, im fine with it! Lets hope it at least makes the time go faster from CSQ to PPR!!

Avana

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
Oh no mdna :( !! How come your application is getting delayed because of it? Is it because it's inland??

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
Avana said:
Oh no mdna :( !! How come your application is getting delayed because of it? Is it because it's inland??
Yes, I am inland and people who have sent their applications around the same time have already received first time approval. Anyways, I called MICC again today, and they just told me that my CSQ has been approved and they will mail it to me.

Avana

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
mdna--Well congrats on getting the verbal confirmation that it's done!! It means you should get it by Tuesday if they mailed it right away! Woohoo!! I'm home early from work, so I'm waiting for the mailman hoping to get it, but based on your stats I won't... If not, I will call them tomorrow just to make sure everything is ok. I know, chances are they won't tell me much but at least it'll put my name out there... I'm hoping at the least it'll come either Tues, Wed, or Thurs of next week because im *hoping* to go see my hubby next weekend, and leave Friday morning realllly early and would love to bring the copy of the CSQ at the same time! Lemme know when you get it! :)

Now, where's that mailman.... lol

Avana

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
Mailman came... brought me no good news :(

Avana

Sep 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-06-2012
Interview........
24-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2012
LANDED..........
03-01-2013
Well, I called the MICC to see what they could tell me and I got a rly nice lady who told me.....

IT HAS BEEN APPROVED AND SENT TO ME TODAY!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO

I should get it next week! perfect timing for my surprise visit next weekend!!

I feel sooo much better knowing that and Im so glad I called! At first they didn't think it was passed by 20 days and they weren't going to tell me anything but then she looked me up and saw that it has so she gave me the approval on the phone!

I'm not mad at the mailman anymore!! ;D ;D ;D

IntLove

Jan 12, 2010
I have sent my application for CSQ the 31 august, they received it the 4 september and they charged my credit card the 11 september. I still have no news and no mail. I would like anyone who receive their letter and that applied after me to write in this topic so I know when I should really start to worry and contact them.