+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crs trends in 2020

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
In the coming year
Do u see crs dropping near 450
Any inputs will ne highly appreciated
Having been following CRS for almost 2 years now, my honest opinion is that it will not come down in the 450s even. It will stay in the 460s at worst. Although currently it has been operating in the 470s. The trend of the score is always upward. There is some fluctuation draw to draw and it may come down some time but generally you will see it moving upward.

If you are on 450 i would seriously consider learning French because people are now applying to Canada like crazy (when other countries are all closing their doors) and you will stand a very good chance of making it if you learn french.

Reactions: journey21

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Hi, I am making my immigration plan, but is not for a short period of time.
I already have my WES application and they recognized my degrees as a Master's degree.
I am planning to take the IELTS at february, and then my score will be between 444 and 456, depending if I get CLB 9 or CLB 10 in each part of the exam.
Then as I only have two years of experience, by december of the next year I will have 3 years and I will be able to have between 469 and 481, depending again on my IELTS.
I wonder if I would have a chance with those scores or should I begin to think in improve a lot my french (I have level A1), also I wonder if after I take the IELTS I might be able to get a PNP with a score between 444 and 456, since my NOC is 2173 or 2175 I haven't decided yet.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi, I am making my immigration plan, but is not for a short period of time.
I already have my WES application and they recognized my degrees as a Master's degree.
I am planning to take the IELTS at february, and then my score will be between 444 and 456, depending if I get CLB 9 or CLB 10 in each part of the exam.
Then as I only have two years of experience, by december of the next year I will have 3 years and I will be able to have between 469 and 481, depending again on my IELTS.
I wonder if I would have a chance with those scores or should I begin to think in improve a lot my french (I have level A1), also I wonder if after I take the IELTS I might be able to get a PNP with a score between 444 and 456, since my NOC is 2173 or 2175 I haven't decided yet.
I think 480 and above should remain competitive even a year from now. 460s can definitely be in danger

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Looking at the pool's breakdown tells you everything you need to know, and unfortunately it's not encouraging.

There were almost 15,000 people between 451-600 during the November 23rd draw.

How many will make it until the end of the year? Not many, so there will be a lot of them still in the pool by the start of next year. Now that isn't even factoring the new entrants who will apply and enter the pool in this range.

It's crazy how much the CRS scores have risen, at the beginning of 2019, 450 was a very good score. Now? You're missing the cut-off score (the lowest score) by 21 points. That's a very big gap.

I think it will go down to around 460 but below that, it's hard to see.

There are signs it could fall, like many people from the U.S seem to be applying now because of the immigration situation there. That might change in relation to who wins the presidential election in 2020. But that's a long time away in beginning of November. Similarly, the UK want to implement a points system once they leave the EU, and Australia could make changes to their points system but they've been scaling back immigration quotas as well.

It all depends. I think many people are applying to Canada now because it seems like their best bet.

Reactions: journey21