Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Depends on when the draw occurs. Anyway I doubt it will be below 445

sheikh.abaz

Star Member
May 11, 2018
I am not an expert but i have been following this from last 1 year. Even if the draw is conducted on 3,4 or 5th January the number of applications will not increase as of now because of holidays in Canada and no candidate will be able to get their ECA. Which means very few new applications will be submitted in coming 10-14 days. Maybe this can be a good reason to bring the score down to 435 from 439.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
I am not an expert but i have been following this from last 1 year. Even if the draw is conducted on 3,4 or 5th January the number of applications will not increase as of now because of holidays in Canada and no candidate will be able to get their ECA. Which means very few new applications will be submitted in coming 10-14 days. Maybe this can be a good reason to bring the score down to 435 from 439.
Though I hope for the opposite, I highly doubt the CRS will drop below ~444. Reason being tons and tons of applicants are filling their Applications so competition is at an all-time high. But ya lets hope for the best, good luck.

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Most experts and analysts on here have deliberated that there is almost no chance for the draw to take place on 2nd Jan. If it takes place on 9th Jan, scores are expected to hover around 443-445. But still, I'll second your comment in spirit because 435 vicinity works for me. :)

omario

Dec 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Most experts and analysts on here have deliberated that there is almost no chance for the draw to take place on 2nd Jan. If it takes place on 9th Jan, scores are expected to hover around 443-445. But still, I'll second your comment in spirit because 435 vicinity works for me. :)
Hi ibte your ielts score is greath! any advice how to score that !

Reactions: ibtee

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Hi ibte your ielts score is greath! any advice how to score that !
It's a mix of preparation, prayer and luck really. I don't consider myself to be as proficient in English as my scores may depict. I prepared heavily for two weeks leading up to my first attempt but only prepared for few hours before the 2nd attempt and ended up getting much better scores in the 2nd attempt. I believe luck also plays a part as I may have gotten lower scores if I got a tricky map in listening section, a tricky topic for essay or a grumpy examiner in speaking. However, it so happened that everything went right on that day. BUT, you still need to put in the bare minimum hard work necessary to score CLB 9 to be lucky enough to cross into CLB 10 if your English is not that great. My personal tips for you are as follows:
1) Read books if you are weak in reading. Listen to stuff on the internet (like PMQs) if you're weak in listening.
2) Strengthen reading and listening as if you consistently score 36+ in your home tests, you're 99% sure to get 36+ in the tests. Both of these modules are like Maths as scores are kinda guaranteed if you are good enough.
3) Get your writing checked by a Cambridge examiner (not just an English teacher). They will advice you on improving. Look up Tony Grace as he's great at helping you improve even though on the expensive side.
4) For speaking, your prep in other modules will help you increase your armory of words and ideas. Try to speak with a native speaker and record yourself while answering questions and do self analysis. Make it a habit to speak after thinking out the sentence in your mind first. Try to be correct without taking shortcuts that ruin our language.

Hope this helps! Good luck :)

omario

Dec 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
It's a mix of preparation, prayer and luck really. I don't consider myself to be as proficient in English as my scores may depict. I prepared heavily for two weeks leading up to my first attempt but only prepared for few hours before the 2nd attempt and ended up getting much better scores in the 2nd attempt. I believe luck also plays a part as I may have gotten lower scores if I got a tricky map in listening section, a tricky topic for essay or a grumpy examiner in speaking. However, it so happened that everything went right on that day. BUT, you still need to put in the bare minimum hard work necessary to score CLB 9 to be lucky enough to cross into CLB 10 if your English is not that great. My personal tips for you are as follows:
1) Read books if you are weak in reading. Listen to stuff on the internet (like PMQs) if you're weak in listening.
2) Strengthen reading and listening as if you consistently score 36+ in your home tests, you're 99% sure to get 36+ in the tests. Both of these modules are like Maths as scores are kinda guaranteed if you are good enough.
3) Get your writing checked by a Cambridge examiner (not just an English teacher). They will advice you on improving. Look up Tony Grace as he's great at helping you improve even though on the expensive side.
4) For speaking, your prep in other modules will help you increase your armory of words and ideas. Try to speak with a native speaker and record yourself while answering questions and do self analysis. Make it a habit to speak after thinking out the sentence in your mind first. Try to be correct without taking shortcuts that ruin our language.

Hope this helps! Good luck :)
Thank you very much for those tips

Reactions: ibtee