+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS score of 435

harrmien

Jun 14, 2018
Hi,

I have a CRS score of 435 and i filed for Express Entry in Mid-July 2018. I have not received any ITA so far. So, now its been more than 5 months. I am worried now. Is there a chance of getting an ITA for Federal Skilled worker in 2019? I filed for 2713 NOC. Should I file for a PNP? Please guide.

Thanks

harrmien

Jun 14, 2018
Have you been following the trends at all?
Hi navinball,

I have been following up on the CRS score cut-off so the entire year, the score never fell below 440. Only in Dec did the score fall to 439. With the high no of applications, I am not sure if this is further going to fall to 435, which is why I am asking. I feel it is easier to reach a score beyond 435 if you are married or have done Masters. I am neither of the two. The only way I can improve my score is IELTS or French. Already on CLB 9, I am finding it difficult to reach CLB10.
Any pointers to understand the trends are appreciated.
Thanks.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Hi navinball,

I have been following up on the CRS score cut-off so the entire year, the score never fell below 440. Only in Dec did the score fall to 439. With the high no of applications, I am not sure if this is further going to fall to 435, which is why I am asking. I feel it is easier to reach a score beyond 435 if you are married or have done Masters. I am neither of the two. The only way I can improve my score is IELTS or French. Already on CLB 9, I am finding it difficult to reach CLB10.
Any pointers to understand the trends are appreciated.
Thanks.
You are indeed smart, as you do know the ways(max-out IELTS or learn French) to increase your CRS. You can even look at the PNP options. Good luck.

Reactions: bmr

harrmien

Jun 14, 2018
You are indeed smart, as you do know the ways(max-out IELTS or learn French) to increase your CRS. You can even look at the PNP options. Good luck.
Hi Raz0r,

Congrats on your PPR :) You have quite a good score of 470, how did you manage to get it, if I may ask.

For nomination, I am actually looking for Ontario HCP but till date haven't received any. Earlier they used to invite candidates with a score above 400. Now, it says that it will be decided by the Director. What exactly is meant by this?
Ontario is sometimes nominating French-speaking applicants or with a job offer so I don't know if I really hold a chance.
Also, what is your opinion on people's remarks that if you withdraw your profile and submit a fresh one, there is a higher chance to get Ontario's nomination for it picks up newly submitted applications.

What other provinces can I look at, my work being in the I.T. sector.
Thanks.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
HCP is a complete black box. No one knows exactly how they pick candidates. Don't put too much hope on that.
And don't re-create your profile. It only puts you at a disadvantage when it comes to tie break rule.

Reactions: Raz0r

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Hi Raz0r,

Congrats on your PPR :) You have quite a good score of 470, how did you manage to get it, if I may ask.

For nomination, I am actually looking for Ontario HCP but till date haven't received any. Earlier they used to invite candidates with a score above 400. Now, it says that it will be decided by the Director. What exactly is meant by this?
Ontario is sometimes nominating French-speaking applicants or with a job offer so I don't know if I really hold a chance.
Also, what is your opinion on people's remarks that if you withdraw your profile and submit a fresh one, there is a higher chance to get Ontario's nomination for it picks up newly submitted applications.

What other provinces can I look at, my work being in the I.T. sector.
Thanks.
My points would be due to mix of IELTS, Work Experience in Canada, Edu in Canada, holding degree certificates etc etc. Recreating the profile puts you at a disadvantage due to the Tie-Breaker rule. I am also into IT, I do know that BC and Ontario have good IT openings. But getting a job after landing here is like very tough. My advice would be to find a job and then land. Good luck.

mjawarani

Jul 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi,

I have a CRS score of 435 and i filed for Express Entry in Mid-July 2018. I have not received any ITA so far. So, now its been more than 5 months. I am worried now. Is there a chance of getting an ITA for Federal Skilled worker in 2019? I filed for 2713 NOC. Should I file for a PNP? Please guide.

Thanks
CLB 10 will fetch you some good points / french i guess will give you 5 points. You can try PNP as well, but again it involves time

kalyan_canadian

Feb 13, 2020
NOC Code......
CRS score calculators are misleading. official website says my score is 390 while other websites say my score is 443. I am 33 years old with 10 years of experience and I hold an MBA degree. I am not married and no experience within canada. Do I stand a chance to get a PR for canada. Kindly post your response

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
CRS score calculators are misleading. official website says my score is 390 while other websites say my score is 443. I am 33 years old with 10 years of experience and I hold an MBA degree. I am not married and no experience within canada. Do I stand a chance to get a PR for canada. Kindly post your response
I would go with the official CRS calculator tool. It is usually correct. Your chances depend on other things. Being 33 takes 20 points out your possible max, if I remember correctly. What's your CLB for English? Depending on that your score could be high or low.

Use this link to calculate your score:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

kalyan_canadian

Feb 13, 2020
NOC Code......
I would go with the official CRS calculator tool. It is usually correct. Your chances depend on other things. Being 33 takes 20 points out your possible max, if I remember correctly. What's your CLB for English? Depending on that your score could be high or low.

Use this link to calculate your score:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Lets say I hold band 7.5 in english, then how much will i get. Coz last week i tried using the official calculator and it showed a score of 442
TOday it shows 390 Not sure why

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Lets say I hold band 7.5 in english, then how much will i get. Coz last week i tried using the official calculator and it showed a score of 442
TOday it shows 390 Not sure why
I get 395 with your information. I wouldn't know how you got 442 before. I assume the 395 is the right answer, especially with 7.5 in all your IELTS sections. There's a lot of room to improve there. However, maxing out IELTS wouldn't benefit you a lot, as your maximum score with it would be 459, which wouldn't get you an ITA under current trends. With a maximum IELTS and French test scores your maximum possible CRS would be 513. Maybe studying some French could help you out. If not, investigate PNP to see if you qualify for any.

Reactions: scylla

kalyan_canadian

Feb 13, 2020
NOC Code......
I get 395 with your information. I wouldn't know how you got 442 before. I assume the 395 is the right answer, especially with 7.5 in all your IELTS sections. There's a lot of room to improve there. However, maxing out IELTS wouldn't benefit you a lot, as your maximum score with it would be 459, which wouldn't get you an ITA under current trends. With a maximum IELTS and French test scores your maximum possible CRS would be 513. Maybe studying some French could help you out. If not, investigate PNP to see if you qualify for any.
I dont have even basic knowledge on french. Would it be possible for me to go for it now. I will try to max out on IELTS.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I dont have even basic knowledge on french. Would it be possible for me to go for it now. I will try to max out on IELTS.
You can try to max out IELTS, however, it would be better to research Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP), which, if you meet requirements of one of them, would net you 600 points to your CRS (at that point, your IELTS score wouldn't matter much). Also, how sure are you that your MBA is considered as Masters? A lot of people have thought that their MBA would be considered as Masters, however, ECA agencies have given them 1 year PG diploma which earns them less points. Researching PNP sounds like a good plan in your case. Good luck!

kalyan_canadian

Feb 13, 2020
NOC Code......
You can try to max out IELTS, however, it would be better to research Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP), which, if you meet requirements of one of them, would net you 600 points to your CRS (at that point, your IELTS score wouldn't matter much). Also, how sure are you that your MBA is considered as Masters? A lot of people have thought that their MBA would be considered as Masters, however, ECA agencies have given them 1 year PG diploma which earns them less points. Researching PNP sounds like a good plan in your case. Good luck!
Thanks for the info on masters degree. I also calculated my points for Australian PR. I gt 85. I know this is inappropriate to talk about Australian PR here, but do you have any idea on this