+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS Score - Job Offer - Dependent

trawalr

Jul 27, 2020
If I am the primary applicant and my spouse has received a job offer basis her NOC code and experience, will we still get additional 50 CRS points ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No. She must be the primary applicant. Also a job offer doesn’t give you the 50 points unless she has an approved LMIA and closed work permit. Does she have this? If so, her employment letter must say that she will be employed one year AFTER receiving PR.

Reactions: trawalr

trawalr

Jul 27, 2020
No. She must be the primary applicant. Also a job offer doesn’t give you the 50 points unless she has an approved LMIA and closed work permit. Does she have this? If so, her employment letter must say that she will be employed one year AFTER receiving PR.
Connected Query -
1. Approved LMIA will be provided by the employer, right ?
2. Employment letter must say the she will be employed one year AFTER receiving the PR - shouldn't it be within one year AFTER receiving the PR. ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for guidance. Appreciate your quick help. I will read in detail on this link and come back.
Also if your spouse is on a LMIA closed work permit, the 50 points can’t be claimed until she has gained a year of work experience in Canada.