CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Hello I am getting worried I was almost certain that after last years express entry draws going below 430, three times I would get an ITA. I went into the express entry pool January 2018 with improved CELPIP score and 1 years work experience in Canada. I spoke to an immigration professional in January they said my score of 436 I would get PR in couple of months, turns out I haven't and now I have 4 months left on my visa so I am getting really worried. I'm in a skilled position and my employer is willing to do an LMIA but I am now just so confused whether even that will work some people are saying you can't get implied status on IEC visa. I have an appointment with immigration consultant to discuss whether that is possible or not as I do not trust people on here about that as some people say yes some no. Its too much to chance based on what a forum says.

But my real question is does it look likely that even if we started the LMIA process now I could get PR? what is the quickest way I can get PR or another work permit? And what do people think about the high CRS score cut off this year? do you think its likely to go down? and would I even qualify because of this tie break rule?

I'm so worried as end of August I'm going to have to start liquidating my assets here and move back to the UK which isn't what I want. If I do move back I will never look to come back to Canada so I see it as if I cannot get it to work out somehow before my permit expires in October this year I'm done and I'm never coming back.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Long story short.
If you want to stay in Canada get your LMIA. Start the process now. If you get PR in the middle of the process you will be happy. If not you will have LMIA to keep you on going and getting you more points.
Secondly recheck your profile carefully, recalculate and identify any gaps you can and how you can increase your CRS score. For example that LMIA itself will be a sure ticket (50 points for you on the top of your points).
good luck

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Long story short.
If you want to stay in Canada get your LMIA. Start the process now. If you get PR in the middle of the process you will be happy. If not you will have LMIA to keep you on going and getting you more points.
Secondly recheck your profile carefully, recalculate and identify any gaps you can and how you can increase your CRS score. For example that LMIA itself will be a sure ticket (50 points for you on the top of your points).
good luck
That makes sense that was my thoughts. Can I submit another amended express entry profile to see if I can get more points? as I don't want to withdraw my current profile as they keep using that stupid tie break rule.

How will the LMIA keep me going? will that mean I can apply for another work permit once the LMIA is received.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
once you have EE profile you can add or change almost everything. No need to withdraw it and to create a new one.
As for LMIA - your employer has to apply for it. Once it is approved you have to apply for your work permit. and with that you can add yourself more points.
Good luck

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
once you have EE profile you can add or change almost everything. No need to withdraw it and to create a new one.
As for LMIA - your employer has to apply for it. Once it is approved you have to apply for your work permit. and with that you can add yourself more points.
Good luck
How do you amend it? I withdrew my application to amend my ielts scores to new test I took for CELPPIp so annoyed with myself now

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
once you have your EE profile you will go into it and do editing of whatever part you need. There are only few things that you cannot edit and you need to redo your profile. Check the step by step guide in this forum or click around a bit in your EE profile.

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
So just for anybody going through a similar situation I found out of my registered immigration lawyer they said that once the LMIA is in progress they will grant you 6 month work permit as long as you've been working, paying taxes, no criminal convictions. She said there not as mean as people make out.

Also you can go onto implied status on the IEC actually, but if you do not mail your extension before your visa expires and have proof of postage and the date and time you sent it then you could break Canadian Immigration Law by working. Its important that they receive it before your visa expires so send via a timed delivery. She said the horror stories come off people applying for an extension when they know they won't get it. As you accept visa terms when you apply for initial visa, and one of those terms of the IEC is you understand the visa is not extendable etc by then applying for an extension your being negligent but they do it just to get implied status then they get denied PR down the line and people who fail to meet the deadline either don't mail in time or have no proof of mailing before their visa expires. the same thing happens.

She also advised me average time it takes for LMIA is 6 months total time for completion, but after application submission you can then try to get a 6 month permit/extension (technically its a new permit).

Another good to know thing is when the LMIA is approved both you and your common law can go straight to the border and get work permits there is no waiting and you don't have to submit online and go through myCIC if you're already in Canada.

Its good information to know. To be honest the lawyer is a great help and well worth the money for the advice as CIC is useless.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Few correction:
IEC cannot go to the implied status. So if you start with the whole process too close to your expiry date, you might face a period where you will not be able to work (and you would have to apply for the status restoration). That's why it is better to apply for LMIA at least 3-4 months before the visa expiry.
It is the nature of IEC itself that does not allow this implied status. That however should not prevent LMIA from happening.

Horror stories are more the cases of a PGWP, that can go into implied status. If you apply there too late for the visa extension then it is too late and you cannot work. But again that will not prevent you from a positive LMIA outcome.

Why? Because it is not you who is applying, it is your employer. And they want to employ you so they have to prove it.
With that positive LMIA you can then apply for a closed work permit. So I guess that is where the mix up came from.

LMIA itself can be a rather lengthy process, work permit can be much shorter process (especially if you are in Canada already and they did most of the checks last time, so hey will only update on you).

And those 6 months work permit mentioned belong to BOWP (bridge over work permit). That one is specifically to cross over the period of your waiting for PR to happen.

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Few correction:
IEC cannot go to the implied status. So if you start with the whole process too close to your expiry date, you might face a period where you will not be able to work (and you would have to apply for the status restoration). That's why it is better to apply for LMIA at least 3-4 months before the visa expiry.
It is the nature of IEC itself that does not allow this implied status. That however should not prevent LMIA from happening.

Horror stories are more the cases of a PGWP, that can go into implied status. If you apply there too late for the visa extension then it is too late and you cannot work. But again that will not prevent you from a positive LMIA outcome.

Why? Because it is not you who is applying, it is your employer. And they want to employ you so they have to prove it.
With that positive LMIA you can then apply for a closed work permit. So I guess that is where the mix up came from.

LMIA itself can be a rather lengthy process, work permit can be much shorter process (especially if you are in Canada already and they did most of the checks last time, so hey will only update on you).

And those 6 months work permit mentioned belong to BOWP (bridge over work permit). That one is specifically to cross over the period of your waiting for PR to happen.
That's actually incorrect about the IEC it can go onto implied status. Even a visitor visa can go onto implied status it's Canadian immigration law. If you have an application to change your status in progress submitted before your visa expires then the same terms apply from whatever status you had before until an outcome is decided. It's extensions on the Iec that are not aloud. That's words from a registered Canadian immigration lawyer.

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Ho
That's actually incorrect about the IEC it can go onto implied status. Even a visitor visa can go onto implied status it's Canadian immigration law. If you have an application to change your status in progress submitted before your visa expires then the same terms apply from whatever status you had before until an outcome is decided. It's extensions on the Iec that are not aloud. That's words from a registered Canadian immigration lawyer.
However if you can find anything on CICs website saying implied status does not apply to IEC then I will show it my lawyer and be like "Wtf is this? " however he said he's done it hundreds of times with people off IEC but needless to say they could be lieing. Anyway thanks for your help