+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS Points 385 and NOC 4021

NouraBBB

Apr 9, 2017
Hello everyone,

So it seems achieving 8 7 7 7 in IELTS is impossible for me and decided just to apply for EE application with whatever score I have.

In my scenario, I have a master degree, I'm 25 years old, and I have around 3 years experience in College and Vocational Education, that is NOC 4021.
My IELTS scores are L 7.5, R 6.5, S 6.5, W 7 (and believe me this is my maximum! ).

My husband, 31 years old, is also a master degree holder (Civil engineer), but his ielts score is a little bit lower so I will be the main applicant.

When calculating the CRS points, it's 385.

My question is, do I have any chance of going to Canada? :(
Is my experience required there? May I get an invitation from any of the provinces????

What advise can you give me please?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
385 is on the lower side for a direct ITA. The lowest its ever been is 413, and then it went up again. It might come down, but 385 is probably a long time away (though I could be wrong of course).

Provincial invitations are possible but every province has its own criteria.

Ontario wanted a minimum CRS of 400 -> http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_WHO.html

PEI just wants you to apply. If you're a good fit and have skills they want, they may invite you. You can look up the other provinces.

Your best bet is increasing your IELTS scores.

Why do you think you can't improve your scores? You're quite young, and are highly educated. If you put in six months of targeted effort, I bet you can improve your scores.

I'm not just talking through my hat here. I know someone who teaches English to adults from rural areas in India who essentially speak no English at all. These people spend six months, and they start with ABC - and after six months, they know enough to get jobs that require a very basic knowledge of English. I have seen this myself - a 20 year old guy who didn't know ANY English, absolutely none at all, was able to carry on a simple conversation in English six months later. He was reading at a grade 3/4 level as well, and rapidly improving last I met him.

The point is, you can most definitely improve your IELTS scores. What have you tried so far? There are lots of ways to improve, and you're so close to getting 50 points more..

If you're convinced that you can never ever get better at the IELTS, I don't know what to tell you. I suspect you're selling yourself short.

NouraBBB

Apr 9, 2017
385 is on the lower side for a direct ITA. The lowest its ever been is 413, and then it went up again. It might come down, but 385 is probably a long time away (though I could be wrong of course).

Provincial invitations are possible but every province has its own criteria.

Ontario wanted a minimum CRS of 400 -> http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_WHO.html

PEI just wants you to apply. If you're a good fit and have skills they want, they may invite you. You can look up the other provinces.

Your best bet is increasing your IELTS scores.

Why do you think you can't improve your scores? You're quite young, and are highly educated. If you put in six months of targeted effort, I bet you can improve your scores.

I'm not just talking through my hat here. I know someone who teaches English to adults from rural areas in India who essentially speak no English at all. These people spend six months, and they start with ABC - and after six months, they know enough to get jobs that require a very basic knowledge of English. I have seen this myself - a 20 year old guy who didn't know ANY English, absolutely none at all, was able to carry on a simple conversation in English six months later. He was reading at a grade 3/4 level as well, and rapidly improving last I met him.

The point is, you can most definitely improve your IELTS scores. What have you tried so far? There are lots of ways to improve, and you're so close to getting 50 points more..

If you're convinced that you can never ever get better at the IELTS, I don't know what to tell you. I suspect you're selling yourself short.

I believe you are right. It's just the pressure I have every time I go for an IELTS exam, and the simple and stupid mistakes I always do (most of them are spelling mistakes). So you just feel like that's it!

Shall I apply anyway with my current score? Or you believe it would be better if to wait till I get better score??

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I believe you are right. It's just the pressure I have every time I go for an IELTS exam, and the simple and stupid mistakes I always do (most of them are spelling mistakes). So you just feel like that's it!

Shall I apply anyway with my current score? Or you believe it would be better if to wait till I get better score??
There's no harm in entering the pool (applying). You might get lucky. You can always update your IELTS scores later and your CRS will automatically increase.