+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS point for Canadian Education for Express Entry

cee4815

Jan 16, 2020
Hi guys,

In light of the new measures of extending the online studies until Dec 31st 2021, does anyone know how this will effect the requirement for Express Entry which states that in order to get points for Canadian education you must not complete more than 50% of your studies through distance learning, and must be present in Canada for at least 8 months.

I have read some IRCC tweets which mention that these requirements have not changed yet in light of COVID.

Is it logical to extend the PGWP but not change the Express Entry requirements?

Any ideas on this,
Thanks

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi guys,

In light of the new measures of extending the online studies until Dec 31st 2021, does anyone know how this will effect the requirement for Express Entry which states that in order to get points for Canadian education you must not complete more than 50% of your studies through distance learning, and must be present in Canada for at least 8 months.

I have read some IRCC tweets which mention that these requirements have not changed yet in light of COVID.

Is it logical to extend the PGWP but not change the Express Entry requirements?

Any ideas on this,
Thanks
To answer your question, it does not make sense but at the same time it doesn't really need to. The minimum score for CECs was 70 last time. Does it really matter at this point whether you get those extra 15 or 30 points?

cee4815

Jan 16, 2020
To answer your question, it does not make sense but at the same time it doesn't really need to. The minimum score for CECs was 70 last time. Does it really matter at this point whether you get those extra 15 or 30 points?
You are right that the score dropped drastically to 70 in this last draw, but I am expecting to apply for PR after two years. No idea what the cutoff will be then.
I will also be 33 by then, so age is a factor. 15 points does play a crucial role for me.
Do you see, however, any chance of changing this requirement? It is really unfair.

mohit@001

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
You are right that the score dropped drastically to 70 in this last draw, but I am expecting to apply for PR after two years. No idea what the cutoff will be then.
I will also be 33 by then, so age is a factor. 15 points does play a crucial role for me.
Do you see, however, any chance of changing this requirement? It is really unfair.
bro are you in Canada . i am planning for September intake .. could you please suggest me wich province i should choose

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Nobody knows, I doubt even IRCC knows at this point. They might or might not change it later. You don't have any control over it regardless so I wouldn't spend too much time stressing about it.