+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS of 447

gurisidhu090

Jun 14, 2010
Hello Everyone,

i cleared my ielts with 7778(minimum score for PR application) and recently received 15 additional points because of my sibling's PR. I am just concerned with the high CRS from last few months. Does any one have any clue whether it will dip to 447 within next 4 draws or not. I am a graduate with 4+years of exp and Y.O.B is 1990.

Thanks!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You really should take the IELTS again. You can easily get 25+ more points if you do well at it, which will guarantee your ITA. Use a CRS calculator to see how many points you'll get with a CLB9 or CLB 10.

No one can guarantee a drop to 447, all we can do is speculate based on the current composition of the pool. However, no one can predict how many new people are joining the pool every day, and what their scores are.

If you have 465+, you are 99.9% certain to get an ITA this year.

gurisidhu090

Jun 14, 2010
You really should take the IELTS again. You can easily get 25+ more points if you do well at it, which will guarantee your ITA. Use a CRS calculator to see how many points you'll get with a CLB9 or CLB 10.

No one can guarantee a drop to 447, all we can do is speculate based on the current composition of the pool. However, no one can predict how many new people are joining the pool every day, and what their scores are.

Thanks for the response. I do understand that better IELTS score would fetch more points. But I;ve already tried appearing for it twice and as per my proficiency I couldn't score more than this. So I guess, waiting is the only option...

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019

If you're already a CLB9 holder then you'll get 12 additional points only for the CLB10 i.e. 3 points for each module. I'm afraid, Its not 25 points.

Thanks for the response. I do understand that better IELTS score would fetch more points. But I;ve already tried appearing for it twice and as per my proficiency I couldn't score more than this. So I guess, waiting is the only option...
What is your NOC?
If you're in IT field then there is a good chance for you to be picked up by Ontario Tech stream somewhere in Q4.

If possible enroll yourself in a one year PG-diploma related to your previous study which will boost your CRS by 33 additonal points, whereas Masters will provide 40 additional points. Good luck!

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If you're already a CLB9 holder then you'll get 12 additional points only for the CLB10 i.e. 3 points for each module. I'm afraid, Its not 25 points.

What is your NOC?
If you're in IT field then there is a good chance for you to be picked up by Ontario Tech stream somewhere in Q4.

If possible enroll yourself in a one year PG-diploma related to your previous study which will boost your CRS by 33 additonal points, whereas Masters will provide 40 additional points. Good luck!
"Foreign Work Experience + Language". You can get 50 points here if you have 3+ years of Work Experience, and CLB 9 across the board. I can't tell if OP has CLB 9 since he hasn't provided the breakdown of his scores.

L:8, R,W,S:7 will be CLB 9. In that case he doesn't get 25 extra points.

But if he got R:8, L,W,S:7, then it isn't a CLB 9 across the board, and he can get 25 more points with a CLB 9.

So yes, you're right that a CLB 9 holder won't get +25 points, but I'm not sure whether OP is CLB 9, especially since he said he got the "minimum necessary" scores. That's why I suggested he use a CRS calculator to make sure he isn't leaving a bunch of points on the table.

Reactions: NikSharma01

gurisidhu090

Jun 14, 2010
"Foreign Work Experience + Language". You can get 50 points here if you have 3+ years of Work Experience, and CLB 9 across the board. I can't tell if OP has CLB 9 since he hasn't provided the breakdown of his scores.

L:8, R,W,S:7 will be CLB 9. In that case he doesn't get 25 extra points.

But if he got R:8, L,W,S:7, then it isn't a CLB 9 across the board, and he can get 25 more points with a CLB 9.

So yes, you're right that a CLB 9 holder won't get +25 points, but I'm not sure whether OP is CLB 9, especially since he said he got the "minimum necessary" scores. That's why I suggested he use a CRS calculator to make sure he isn't leaving a bunch of points on the table.
I got:
L- 8.5, R - 7.5, W - 7, S - 7. Not sure what will be the CLB of it. Also have few more questions as per suggestions above:
1 - If i opt for PG- Certificate and not a diploma from maybe Symbiosis will that be helpful or it has to be a diploma only. Reason i am asking is because PG-Diplomas are of 1.5 years and certificates are for 1 year under that uni.
2- Also, is IELTS score valid only for 2 years? I heard some rumours that it now valid for 5 years..

Suggestions???

harman2725

Jun 16, 2015
Nz
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
01/04/2017
Passport Req..
7/717
VISA ISSUED...
29/7/17
LANDED..........
27/08/17
Thanks for the response. I do understand that better IELTS score would fetch more points. But I;ve already tried appearing for it twice and as per my proficiency I couldn't score more than this. So I guess, waiting is the only option...[/QUOTE

I did ielts 5 times to get CLB 10 each. I wouldn't mind making a profile with 447 and doing ielts few more time and updating it along the line.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I got:
L- 8.5, R - 7.5, W - 7, S - 7. Not sure what will be the CLB of it. Also have few more questions as per suggestions above:
1 - If i opt for PG- Certificate and not a diploma from maybe Symbiosis will that be helpful or it has to be a diploma only. Reason i am asking is because PG-Diplomas are of 1.5 years and certificates are for 1 year under that uni.
2- Also, is IELTS score valid only for 2 years? I heard some rumours that it now valid for 5 years..

Suggestions???
Looking at your scenario, as you've already maxed out in Listening module. However, still you have a chance to get 9 additional points if you max out your scores in the remaining three modules.

1. For better judgement you must use WES's Free Assessment Tool. It will give you a better idea whether such a course will be assessed or not!! The link is below:
http://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/poe.asp

2. I'm afraid IELTS is only valid for 2 years from the date of exam given.

gurisidhu090

Jun 14, 2010
with CLB 10 my score would be 456 as compared to 447. So just keen to know, is trying for CLB10 a better option or applying for 1 year PG Certificate better option. Either of them is a long shot for me...

gurisidhu090

Jun 14, 2010
Looking at your scenario, as you've already maxed out in Listening module. However, still you have a chance to get 9 additional points if you max out your scores in the remaining three modules.

1. For better judgement you must use WES's Free Assessment Tool. It will give you a better idea whether such a course will be assessed or not!! The link is below:
http://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/poe.asp

2. I'm afraid IELTS is only valid for 2 years from the date of exam given.
Thank you...With the link for WES, they only have options for Bachelors or masters.. no option available for diploma or certificates...

gurisidhu090

Jun 14, 2010
a

What is your NOC?

nd my NOC is 4163. Any chances for OINP?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
456 is a lot better than 447. There have been multiple times the CRS scores dropped below that - you would have received an ITA in 8 draws this year with 456, and only twice with a 447.

The scores are dropping again and we are likely to see 455-460 get invited soon. The IELTS is a lot quicker to do than a 1-year diploma.

If you are really keen on coming here, I would recommend you do both. Take the IELTS and try and get a CLB10 - you already got a high score, it shouldn't be that hard for you. Update your profile with the new score.

At the same time you can also start to do a PG Diploma. Either or both will take you above the cut-off (with some luck). You're quite young so you don't have to worry too much about losing a lot of points due to your age.

Good luck.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
456 is a lot better than 447. There have been multiple times the CRS scores dropped below that - you would have received an ITA in 8 draws this year with 456, and only twice with a 447.

The scores are dropping again and we are likely to see 455-460 get invited soon. The IELTS is a lot quicker to do than a 1-year diploma.

If you are really keen on coming here, I would recommend you do both. Take the IELTS and try and get a CLB10 - you already got a high score, it shouldn't be that hard for you. Update your profile with the new score.

At the same time you can also start to do a PG Diploma. Either or both will take you above the cut-off (with some luck). You're quite young so you don't have to worry too much about losing a lot of points due to your age.

Good luck.
Agree with @21Goose

You must look forward to both of these options. @gurisidhu090

Moreover, talking about the NOC you'll have to check Ontario's in-demand list whether your respective NOC has been listed there or not!