+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS 486, PGWP expiring Jan 5, 2023! Questions regarding BOWP?

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Hi.
May I know why you think a score of 471 has no chance of getting ITA?

Here’s my calculation: The cutoff score is 490 for the last draw. Right now there are about 32000 candidates between 471 and 490 according to the CRS distribution. IRCC conducts 2 draws per month, around 3300 ITAs per draw. So it’ll take about 10-13 draws until it’s my turn. That’s about 6 months. My work experience is valid until March 2024. So in my opinion, I have more than enough time to wait until the score drops to 471 before my work experience expires.

Am I missing something?
I have a strong feeling there will be a CEC draw today.

The whole gimmick of seperating PNP and FSW draws is actually to justify a CEC draw with high intake.

There could be another FSW today and thenthe big CEC .

The countdown to surprise has begun

sumeetpingale

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi.
May I know why you think a score of 471 has no chance of getting ITA?

Here’s my calculation: The cutoff score is 490 for the last draw. Right now there are about 32000 candidates between 471 and 490 according to the CRS distribution. IRCC conducts 2 draws per month, around 3300 ITAs per draw. So it’ll take about 10-13 draws until it’s my turn. That’s about 6 months. My work experience is valid until March 2024. So in my opinion, I have more than enough time to wait until the score drops to 471 before my work experience expires.

Am I missing something?
Your calculation is good for your own good. I’m sailing in the same boat, though this calculation is not going to work anytime soon. The reason being the draws are inconsistent. They are majorly focusing on C-19 bill, but that seems they have already messed up.
With this score its very difficult to say you’ll get the nomination in this year. The major reason being no one really knows the consistency of the draws, infact they are just assumptions, like you did.
Always better to find out alternative ways to accomplish personal goals.

sumeetpingale

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have a strong feeling there will be a CEC draw today.

The whole gimmick of seperating PNP and FSW draws is actually to justify a CEC draw with high intake.

There could be another FSW today and thenthe big CEC .

The countdown to surprise has begun
Again another assumption. Did it really happened? NO

Btw, you are right they must give a CEC candidates a ray of hope by pulling out CEC draws. They either have already invested a lot or have gain work experience here. Hoping for the best for us.

t6e4m8

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Your calculation is good for your own good. I’m sailing in the same boat, though this calculation is not going to work anytime soon. The reason being the draws are inconsistent. They are majorly focusing on C-19 bill, but that seems they have already messed up.
With this score its very difficult to say you’ll get the nomination in this year. The major reason being no one really knows the consistency of the draws, infact they are just assumptions, like you did.
Always better to find out alternative ways to accomplish personal goals.
When will C-19 bill be implemented?

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Again another assumption. Did it really happened? NO

Btw, you are right they must give a CEC candidates a ray of hope by pulling out CEC draws. They either have already invested a lot or have gain work experience here. Hoping for the best for us.
There is a hope for big CEC draw tomorrow, or an FSW draw atleast, let's see