+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS 469, PGWP Expiring July 2016 - Should I go in panic mode soon?

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
Hi guys, any help with my outlook in my situation will be appreciated

My CRS is 469, I had previously received an ITA in December but my eAPR was rejected due to an error in my PCC from India, hence I have now gotten a new PCC and created a new EE profile, however last 2 draws in March were 470 and 474, do you think I will get an ITA in next draw or 2? Praying for it :( I have also changed my NOC from 0124 to 1123 as I believe that was more appropriate for my job

My PGWP expires in July 2016, I really need to apply for BOWP and make sure I get it as I don't want to leave the country, I have been here for the better part of 7+ years. How hard is it to get the BOWP? Even if I get that I will be relaxed as I am good for another year and can certainly get PR within that I hope

I am also applying for NB PNP, I had previously received an invitation from them but it was under my old NOC and EE profile so I have re-sent it, am I correct in believing you can easily get BOWP with PNP letter and AOR?

On top of that, I want to leave my current job or thinking about it.. the letter I have from them says I am currently working there, I also got another letter dated a few weeks back saying I was working there (removed the part about current), so in case I leave the job I can use that letter with my 6 month payslips and LOE saying I left this job, will that be OK or do I have to get a new letter saying I worked from so and so period and now don't work there

Thanks for the help

nasknihal

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Similar situation here man, got 469 points and PGWP expires April 25,2016.

What aremy options to continue to stay here if ITA doesnt come by april 20. An immigration lawyer i consulted said to apply for visitor visa and stop working jntil PR gets processed.

Fingers crossed...

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
nasknihal said:
Similar situation here man, got 469 points and PGWP expires April 25,2016.

What aremy options to continue to stay here if ITA doesnt come by april 20. An immigration lawyer i consulted said to apply for visitor visa and stop working jntil PR gets processed.

Fingers crossed...
it's either that or get PNP letter or LMIA from employer but even that takes longer than 1 month i think :| Pray for an ITA in next draw and submit a perfect application and BOWP application and work on implied status

gonna be a stressful few months :( but its my fault as i procrastinated on completing all these PR formalities and messed up early in the process, shoud have just done PNP long time back

oh well..fingers crossed we dont have to leave

lili2307338

Mar 12, 2016
twztedelegance said:
it's either that or get PNP letter or LMIA from employer but even that takes longer than 1 month i think :| Pray for an ITA in next draw and submit a perfect application and BOWP application and work on implied status

gonna be a stressful few months :( but its my fault as i procrastinated on completing all these PR formalities and messed up early in the process, shoud have just done PNP long time back

oh well..fingers crossed we dont have to leave
I was just wondering, how did you get an error on the PCC? It should be straightforward, right? To get it from police office and have it translated by a certified translator.

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
lili2307338 said:
I was just wondering, how did you get an error on the PCC? It should be straightforward, right? To get it from police office and have it translated by a certified translator.
they restricted my PCC to a certain date range and i had visited india outside of that range (though not for more than 6 months)

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
Looking at your situation, I think you can wait for another 2 draws and see how things are working(Hopefully you get an ITA). As you mentioned PNP should help you, Once if you get an ITA and i see you have all your documents almost ready so you can get your AOR, Apply for BOWP with your AOR, Even if you dont get any update on EE or BOWP before your WP expiry, you are still good to stay here and work on implied status. Hopefully things should work out for you. Good luck

nasknihal

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yea, fingers crossed for the next 2 draws. I am cautiously optimistic. In case the ITA doesn't come in time, I might apply for a visitor visa and take a leave of absence from work....:(

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
nasknihal said:
Yea, fingers crossed for the next 2 draws. I am cautiously optimistic. In case the ITA doesn't come in time, I might apply for a visitor visa and take a leave of absence from work....:(
I can feel the stress you guys are going through, not an easy journey for sure. I wish you good luck..

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
twztedelegance said:
they restricted my PCC to a certain date range and i had visited india outside of that range (though not for more than 6 months)
Can you please explain it more clearly?

The reason being, as per the CIC website, if you are living outside India, then you have to apply for PCC at the nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate. And, if you are in India, then you have to apply at your nearest Police Station. Moreover, the PCC has to be issued after your last visit to that country (e.g. India). I believe, as per your wording, you visited India and submitted an older PCC. Correct?

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Scores should come down to 465 soon. Hopefully all you guys get ITA in the next draw.

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
tommywu9192 said:
Why do you need an PCC when you didn't live there for more than 6 months?
Because that is his country of origin.

tommywu9192

May 28, 2015
Do you need a PCC if you don't live in your country of origin before. (ie. came to Canada at 16 and was never at any other countries for more than 6 months)

ash5ash

Jan 5, 2015
tommywu9192 said:
Do you need a PCC if you don't live in your country of origin before. (ie. came to Canada at 16 and was never at any other countries for more than 6 months)
No, read this
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp