+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS 390 - any chance for future draws?

hbbjht010

Nov 27, 2015
Hi everyone,
I self-assesed my CRS as 390, sadly considering my current status I don't see any opportunity I can work on to increase the points.

Any thoughts please if the future draw points will be dropping to 390??

thanks a lot.

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
How much is your IELTS score? Increasing even .5 in each category really boosts the overall score (from personal experience). Also, no one can predict what the draw would be i suppose. But since the past few draws have been quite on the high side, a CRS of 450 to 460 is expected by everyone this time but cannot say anything about 390.

Hope for the best though! :D

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
hbbjht010 said:
Hi everyone,
I self-assesed my CRS as 390, sadly considering my current status I don't see any opportunity I can work on to increase the points.

thanks a lot.
Realistically man doesnt look like points will drop that low based on previous draws. Dont mean to sound pessimistic. Are you sure u cant increase your points could you improve language score maybe or look at one of the provincial nominations?

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hbbjht010 said:
Hi everyone,

thanks a lot.
work on a provincial nomination. Most reliable way. I was 447. Had to do this.

hbbjht010

Nov 27, 2015
shradzsaraf said:
How much is your IELTS score? Increasing even .5 in each category really boosts the overall score (from personal experience). Also, no one can predict what the draw would be i suppose. But since the past few draws have been quite on the high side, a CRS of 450 to 460 is expected by everyone this time but cannot say anything about 390.

Hope for the best though! :D
Thanks a lot for the post. I took CELPIP instead, speaking 8, writing 9, reading 10 and listening 11.
I was thinking to retake the test but don't feel confident on speaking, it's hard to improve on speaking for a short time period.

Again thanks for the post.

hbbjht010

Nov 27, 2015
HAILMANU said:
Realistically man doesnt look like points will drop that low based on previous draws. Dont mean to sound pessimistic. Are you sure u cant increase your points could you improve language score maybe or look at one of the provincial nominations?
thanks for the post. I guess you are right, it wouldn't drop to that low.
The only way to increase some points will be retake the language test, maybe I will have another try.

The provincial nomination in AB has been suspended since this August, I guess next year when it re-opens it will see an influx of candidates, and don't know what new requirements they will bring in.

Thanks my friend for the post.

hbbjht010

Nov 27, 2015
wildemam said:
work on a provincial nomination. Most reliable way. I was 447. Had to do this.
congratulations friend, you worked all the way out.
Alberta nomination program is currently suspended. So I have to wait 2 more months and see how it goes.

thanks!

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014
Wait for some changes in express entry.
points will fall by over 100 points in 2016
as primary source of immigraton will be re. As most of the pi will ends. Backlog under old system ends.

roschelle

Mar 30, 2015
Asivad,

I have created my profile on 7th nov and I have score of 390. are there any chances for the scores to drop below 400 in near future. You are well experienced so you can predict future draws. Please help me out with what next step I should take?

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
roschelle said:
Asivad,

I have created my profile on 7th nov and I have score of 390. are there any chances for the scores to drop below 400 in near future. You are well experienced so you can predict future draws. Please help me out with what next step I should take?
Maybe somewhere in 2017. For 2016 they still have huge backlog of FSW2014 and CEC2014, so it's unlikely that they'll increase number of invitations issued per draw. Thus don't expect scores to drop below 430-450.

hbbjht010

Nov 27, 2015
roschelle said:
Asivad,

Friend, we have same situation here. Let's cross fingers and hope it will drop.
Do you have any areas that you can now work on to improve your points?

hbbjht010

Nov 27, 2015
sunnyvin said:
Wait for some changes in express entry.
points will fall by over 100 points in 2016
as primary source of immigraton will be re. As most of the pi will ends. Backlog under old system ends.
I understand chance is very slim, but I really hoped what you said will come true.

thanks friend.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roschelle said:
Asivad,

Unfortunately, based on the current understanding of EE and CIC's intentions, it does appear that the cutoff won't ever fall below the 425-430 mark. And even that is expected by mid to late 2016 if not later. If you're below 400, do all it takes to improve your score - this would probably be quickest if you retake language tests and score higher. Simultaneously, keep watching the forum for any new PNP activities especially in early 2016.

All the best!

YOUCAN

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Baseless, misleading, speculative and inaccurate.
I am at 360 any hopes of getting ITA.Moreover I have IELTS Scores at present is Speaking-6.5, Reading-6.0, Listening-6.0, Writing- 7.0.
How much score can be increased when I retake IELTS.
Please suggest.