+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS = 0, weird!

Aug 19, 2020
Hey, has anyone had this issue: I filled in the Express Entry profile, and very quickly got a notification saying I was ineligible and my score was 0.
I am a PhD, a translator and a teacher by trade, with good work experience and high official English and French language test results - so I should get at least some points for that, I guess.
I've just resubmitted thinking there had been a glitch or I'd made a mistake filling out the first application, but was bounced again in a matter of minutes.
I wonder what I've done wrong.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You entered something wrong or don't meet the minimum requirements. Are your test scores valid? Do you have an ECA? Do you have at least a year of full-time, continuous skilled work experience?

Aug 19, 2020
Yes, they're valid. I have work experience. I don't have ECA, but that shouldn't make the score 0. The tool gives me around 430 points, but the actual application gathered 0 twice.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, they're valid. I have work experience. I don't have ECA, but that shouldn't make the score 0. The tool gives me around 430 points, but the actual application gathered 0 twice.
There's something you are answering incorrectly. Without knowing what responses you selelected to each questions, it's really very difficult for us to guess.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
are you sure this is what makes the system give me 0? it's not 0 for education, it's 0 overall, as if I have no language skills, no work experience, no age, no nothing.
Yes, that's the problem. You need to get ECA before you can set up your profile.

Reactions: ita_drgen
Aug 19, 2020
Where does any official channel say it? I must have missed it. I've read that extensively, and it says that you don't get points for your diplomas if you don't have accreditation, but not that you don't get any point for anything whatsoever.

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
Where does any official channel say it? I must have missed it. I've read that extensively, and it says that you don't get points for your diplomas if you don't have accreditation, but not that you don't get any point for anything whatsoever.
you need an ECA to be deemed eligible to enter the pool based on the six selection factor. you’ll need 67 points there to qualify, and I think without an assessed education you probably don’t have enough points for that.

Reactions: ita_drgen

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
you need an ECA to be deemed eligible to enter the pool based on the six selection factor. you’ll need 67 points there to qualify, and I think without an assessed education you probably don’t have enough points for that.
True, but even if someone theoretically had over 67 points without education, they still need an ECA to create an Express Entry profile. Otherwise their score will zero out and their profile will be rejected.

jadjaber04

Oct 3, 2020
Hey, has anyone had this issue: I filled in the Express Entry profile, and very quickly got a notification saying I was ineligible and my score was 0.
I am a PhD, a translator and a teacher by trade, with good work experience and high official English and French language test results - so I should get at least some points for that, I guess.
I've just resubmitted thinking there had been a glitch or I'd made a mistake filling out the first application, but was bounced again in a matter of minutes.
I wonder what I've done wrong.
Hi
I am having the same problem. Where you able to find out the reason for this 0 score ?
Probably we have done the same mistake..
Thanks