+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crosspost - Will file for MPNP soon, shd I apply for spouses TRV now or later

warhound

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Hello,

I will be getting married to my fiance in june and shall be applying for MPNP in August and shall put her name on it. As of now I have three options :

1) Make her apply for her Tourist Visa now with intent to visit Canada in future. once she is here can change her status when I apply for MPNP in august
2) make her stay in India till August and file for MPNP then and wait 2-3 months till it gets approved and then she can come to Canada in lets say oct -nov.

Now option 1 we are scared because lots of people get rejected for visitors visa and she does not want a rejection file as it will totally freak her out. The second option is the safer option but it requires us too wait too long to be with one another. I dont understand why people are providing the opinion that if you get rejected for TRV somehow it has future implications for immigration - at least I cannot see it that way.

The third option we have is that once we get married in june and have our marriage certificate, we immediately apply for her as a TRV as my spouse. Since I am working on a work visa with expiration march 2015, would it be a hassle for her to come over ? i have over 100k assetts in Canada and supporting her is not an issue. BUt someone I feel that declaring you have a spouse working in canada shows intent you plan to settle there and higher chances of visa rejection. Please elaborate on this. Lastly can anyone tell me that if applying for TRV with a spouse worlking on PGWP is a sure way for things to materialize ? I read on CIC that family unification is something they focus on but would love to hear real life experience. Also, must my job be in a certain NOC catergory such as O, A,B ?

Thanks all !