+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crossing to the US and back to Canada with an expired visa and valid study/work permit

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
I have a couple of friends who said that I can cross to the US and return to Canada even if my study visa is expired already, as long as my study permit is still valid. Is this true? Have any of you tried this? I can't find any website showing that this is allowed. I do have a valid US visa so I can cross the border to the US.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have a couple of friends who said that I can cross to the US and return to Canada even if my study visa is expired already, as long as my study permit is still valid. Is this true? Have any of you tried this? I can't find any website showing that this is allowed. I do have a valid US visa so I can cross the border to the US.
This is true...Provided your SP is valid and your return is directly from the US through land border

Reactions: noelvictoria

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

1. Yes, as long as your study permit is valid and you only visit the continental US or St. Pierre et Miquelon

Reactions: noelvictoria