Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
Hello everyone,

My husband (applicant) was here for almost 2 years on an extended visitor visa. He went back to the US in August to be with our son. He wishes to come back to Canada but we are worried he will get denied at the border. We have high hopes that he will be approved and we can finally be together as a family.

Any opinions or suggestions as to what we should do?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is he hoping to come back to Canada to live with you, as a family?

If so, are you ready to submit his spousal sponsorship application?

Having an application submitted, prior to him arriving at the border, could improve his chances. However, at the end of the day it is the sole discretion of the border officer, that he encounters, to allow him to enter Canada. Having a return ticket (fully refundable), along with evidence of ties to the U.S. (such as a lease, employment, bank account, etc.) will also be helpful.

The fact that your husband did not illegally overstay his prior visit to Canada will also be advantageous to him.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ponga said:

Their application was submitted last year outland. It's taking a long time to process because there's a minor dependent who has been excluded from the application and hasn't gone through the medical.

Foster

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2013
AOR Received.
May 31, 2013
Med's Done....
April 26, 2013
Ponga said:

Having an application submitted, prior to him arriving at the border, could improve his chances. However, at the end of the day it is the sole discretion of the border officer, that he encounters, to allow him to enter Canada. Having a return ticket (fully refundable), along with evidence of ties to the U.S. (such as a lease, employment, bank account, etc.) will also be helpful.

The fact that your husband did not illegally overstay his prior visit to Canada will also be advantageous to him.

@Scylla that is correct! The last thing we had sent in was the IMM 5604 form for my stepson until now we have not heard from CIC.

My son is going to continue to stay with my in-laws until all is said and done because we do not want to pull him out of school. We submitted our sponsorship application May 2013 and sent the last requested document in August and no we are just waiting to hear back from CIC.

Currently, he is not working because he was here for so long and I make more than enough to support our family all he has are his bank accounts and of course our son back home. Is that enough? We will definitely purchase a return ticket too.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Their application was submitted last year outland. It's taking a long time to process because there's a minor dependent who has been excluded from the application and hasn't gone through the medical.
Would have been nice to have gotten all that from this post. I rarely have the time to trace down someone's posting history. :-\