+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crossed canadian border illegally...any hope.

ninaa34

Apr 29, 2008
I crossed the border to canada illegally,is there hope to adjust my status through marriage?

thank you for your help.

mikeandlana

Jun 25, 2006
The best way to adjust your status is to leave. I think that most people are with me in saying that to be a Canadian is to respect the rule of law and to do things in a respectable fashion. That's why we're all here going through this long process. You starting off on the wrong foot to becoming a Canadian.

rgvinson777

Dec 12, 2007
I'm assuming that you crossed into Canada illegally from the U.S. Since most Americans can freely cross the Canadian border with nothing more than a drivers license, you must either have been in the U.S. illegally and carry no identification or you are an American, perhaps with a felony on your record. Under those circumstances, marriage to a Canadian will not help you. Canadian immigration will require a current police / FBI fingerprint check with your application and you will not be allowed to remain in Canada. If you are not a felon but entered Canada illegally in some other way, you take your chances. I suggest that you leave Canada and start the proper immigration process from wherever you belong. There are no easy tricks to immigrating to Canada. Even if you get away with it....you lose in the end.

I'm sure that Canada, like the U.S., has enough fools already.

ninaa34

Apr 29, 2008
I asked a simple question & i was expecting a fair answer,from people with knowledge.but i ended up

with a bunch of fools,jealous,& ignorant people who have no knowledge about the law of immigration,

please do us a favour do not jump to answer a question unless you know the answer.

for people who have the same problem, here is the answer from the official web:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-faq03.asp

mikeandlana

Jun 25, 2006
Yes, we are all so very jealous of you and your desperate situation... we all wish that someday we can be criminals, too.

rgvinson777

Dec 12, 2007
Read your own original post. You sound as if you are willing to find someone to marry so you can change your status from illegal. It might work but it would be foolish and dishonest. Had you asked if your wife could sponsor you in your current situation certainly my reaction would have been different. I have spent some time on this blog, reading about men and/or women getting married simply for immigration purposes. Its deceptive, cruel and unfair. If that is or was your intention, Im glad to hear that you havent found the type of people on this website that you had hoped to.

Goodbye

ninaa34

Apr 29, 2008
Forgive me for my choice of words,I never thougth i had to word the question your own way....what was i thinking??ishoud have never said the word marriage....please allow me to borrow your own words and ask the same question again:

I am out of status in canada can my wife sponsor me?what would be your answer?

rgvinson777

Dec 12, 2007
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp If you follow the links from here, it will lead you to where you can read about "inland" applications and "outland" applications. Applying "outland" usually goes much faster but since you are already in Canada, you will probably want to apply "inland." Find the appropriate guide suited for immigrants coming from your home country. There is a lot of information available in the guides. The guide will tell you what you need to do (in detail) and will also show you what obsticals you might have to overcome.