AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi all, I received PPR on August 29th and send my passport immediately, delivered on August 31st. Since my PPR was quick and since I saw people getting CoPR quickly (some in a matter of 5-6 days most in 3 weeks) I assumed that I will get CoPR soon, so I started applying for Jobs writing 'Canadian PR holder' on resume (since my PR is technically approved) assuming that by the time I get interview call I will get the passport back with CoPR, now I have received interview call (first round only - phone interview- not onsite interview), but unfortunately even after almost 1 month I have not received the CoPR. Now my fear is this - lets say I pass the phone interview and they call me for onsite interview and by that time also I don't get my passport then I will have no way to go for the onsite interview and I dont know how much time it will take, since technically there is no fixed time by which CoPR is granted..I hope that I get it by the time I get onsite interview (hoping I clear phone interview), but if it comes to the situation where they call me for interview and I dont get passport back, what would be my option? thanks.
Hi LalluBhaiya,
Congratulations on your PPR and I hope your situation is sorted out soon! If you will permit me to make a recommendation though (as an HR Professional who specifically works in recruiting in my home country), I would advise that you not apply to any more jobs for the time being while telling them you are a Canadian PR.

Technically, you are not a Canadian PR until you land, sign your COPR, and the Immigration Officer tells you that you are a permanent resident. Although it is highly unlikely, a lot can still happen between now and that point that could prevent you from claiming PR. So claiming this on your resume is misrepresentation (not in the immigration legal sense of course, but in the recruiting/job search sense :) ).

I know the urge to get everything sorted out as quickly as possible is strong, even moreso the urge to have a job before you land, but I strongly suspect that if any of the HR recruiters or hiring managers found out you were doing this, they would not be very happy, and you don't want to burn any bridges or make any missteps before your journey officially starts :)

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Hi LalluBhaiya,
Congratulations on your PPR and I hope your situation is sorted out soon! If you will permit me to make a recommendation though (as an HR Professional who specifically works in recruiting in my home country), I would advise that you not apply to any more jobs for the time being while telling them you are a Canadian PR.

Technically, you are not a Canadian PR until you land, sign your COPR, and the Immigration Officer tells you that you are a permanent resident. Although it is highly unlikely, a lot can still happen between now and that point that could prevent you from claiming PR. So claiming this on your resume is misrepresentation (not in the immigration legal sense of course, but in the recruiting/job search sense :) ).

I know the urge to get everything sorted out as quickly as possible is strong, even moreso the urge to have a job before you land, but I strongly suspect that if any of the HR recruiters or hiring managers found out you were doing this, they would not be very happy, and you don't want to burn any bridges or make any missteps before your journey officially starts :)
Thanks for your valuable. FYI - I have told (during phone interview) them very clearly that I have the PR approved, waiting for CoPR and have not landed yet.