+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Critical Situation - Need urgent help

rollercoaster

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
I am in a critical situation and need some help urgently.

I live and work in Texas on H1B, but yet get my passport stamped.

I will complete 3 years outside Canada in May 2021 as a PR, so I want to work from Canada remotely till the pandemic persists.

I was thinking of using AVR multiple times to achieve this. (crossing the border every 30 days and coming back the next day to canada).

Is this even doable in my situation? Since my work location is Texas..

HELP PLEASE!!!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I am in a critical situation and need some help urgently.

I live and work in Texas on H1B, but yet get my passport stamped.

I will complete 3 years outside Canada in May 2021 as a PR, so I want to work from Canada remotely till the pandemic persists.

I was thinking of using AVR multiple times to achieve this. (crossing the border every 30 days and coming back the next day to canada).

Is this even doable in my situation? Since my work location is Texas..

HELP PLEASE!!!
You can travel monthly to Texas. Should not be an issue. Make sure your employer knows that you would travel from Canada to avoid any unforeseen issues.

When you have time till May and these questions are not critical/emergency but not sure why its urgent. Irrelevant of title, we will reply if we know about it.

ustocanada49

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
Tagging harirajmohan @DEEPCUR @prudhvi lampbreaker

Guys would mean a lot if you could advice me. Thank you very much
No issues.

i would strongly suggest carrying print outs of rules from USCIS or other govt sites that say you are allowed to enter.

Some CBP officers dont know all the rules and might think you are not eligible to enter. But as far as i know, you are

Some border agents are not aware of the rules.
Tagging harirajmohan @DEEPCUR @prudhvi lampbreaker

Guys would mean a lot if you could advice me. Thank you very much

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
As long as you are able prove your travel plans with confirmed flight tickets (*if asked by CBP), there should be no issues. Make sure you have an address close to your employer workplace where you'll stay in Texas if asked at border (land borders may not ask, but if you fly from Toronto, they will definitely ask for this).

Check this member frazman's posts in this forum. He traveled fortnightly from Toronto to San Francisco without any issues for quite some time.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
As long as you are able prove your travel plans with confirmed flight tickets (*if asked by CBP), there should be no issues. Make sure you have an address close to your employer workplace where you'll stay in Texas if asked at border (land borders may not ask, but if you fly from Toronto, they will definitely ask for this).

Check this member frazman's posts in this forum. He traveled fortnightly from Toronto to San Francisco without any issues for quite some time.
Hi Deep,

If in case land borders ask for an address, can we give our address close to the client location, coz my client location is in one state and my employer is in another state. Would they have a question on that? i am going to use AVR this month. Also when i travel , if they ask what is the purpose of travel, obviously its for work purpose, also next time when i want to re-use AVR, if they observe the pattern of travel(like monthly once) would they really question on that(I mean i will be travelling exactly between 25th-29th days).

Thanks.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
You can travel monthly to Texas. Should not be an issue. Make sure your employer knows that you would travel from Canada to avoid any unforeseen issues.

When you have time till May and these questions are not critical/emergency but not sure why its urgent. Irrelevant of title, we will reply if we know about it.
Hi Hari,

As you have already suggested to let employer know of travelling monthly before also on my question. So when you say inform, would that need to be an email conversation? or verbally? Also, what is the unforeseen issues that my rise(like do they really reach out to employer through calls or emails?) coz my company president is busy and very unlikely he is reachable through calls. i reach out to only HR generally on any kind of communications. please suggest.

Thanks.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi Hari,

As you have already suggested to let employer know of travelling monthly before also on my question. So when you say inform, would that need to be an email conversation? or verbally? Also, what is the unforeseen issues that my rise(like do they really reach out to employer through calls or emails?) coz my company president is busy and very unlikely he is reachable through calls. i reach out to only HR generally on any kind of communications. please suggest.

Thanks.
Just your HR(and your supervisor) should know if any verification happens. Usually they dont call 99% but just in case. No other reason. if cbp wanted to verify if you still have employment then at that time they will only ask on contact detail from you only hence that person should be able to know that you stay in Canada and commute - thats all.

Reactions: swan0206

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Just your HR(and your supervisor) should know if any verification happens. Usually they dont call 99% but just in case. No other reason. if cbp wanted to verify if you still have employment then at that time they will only ask on contact detail from you only hence that person should be able to know that you stay in Canada and commute - thats all.
Perfect. thanks Hari.