Aug 7, 2016
Hello everyone,

I'm having a critical case..
My wife got pregnant while we are waiting for PPR
I submitted my profile 5 months ago and waiting for PPR
Medicals done since 7 months
What should I do now?
Should I inform the LVO or not?

Noting that I'm willing to do SOFT LANDING and the baby delivery will be after returning from landing (in case i got PPR soon) ...

Please suggest the solution to my case.
Thanks in advance.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
When the baby is born, you will need to add it to the application before you land. DO NOT land with a COPR that doesn't include the child or you will be hooped!

dr.termi

Aug 7, 2016
When the baby is born, you will need to add it to the application before you land. DO NOT land with a COPR that doesn't include the child or you will be hooped!
We will land while wife is still pregnant and the baby will be born at home not in Canada
I mean that we will make soft landing then return back home after landing
Is that possible?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We will land while wife is still pregnant and the baby will be born at home not in Canada
I mean that we will make soft landing then return back home after landing
Is that possible?
You can do that. However, you would then need to sponsor your child for PR, which requires at least one of you to be living in Canada. If your child requires a TRV and isn't able to get one, expect to be apart from your family for up to a year during the process.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
You don't have to do anything until baby is born.

Following are the possible scenarios:

1) If you land as PR and your baby is born in Canada, then baby automatically gets Canadian citizenship. (This is the best possible case. You don't have to worry about IRCC documentation).

2) If baby is born before landing as PR in Canada, you need to inform IRCC and add the baby to your PR application.

3) if baby is born in your home country after soft landing, you will need to submit new sponsorship application. You will need to wait up to 1 year for the application to be approved.

Reactions: jordo

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
I would add that if it is Ontario where you are intending to move to you won't have health insurance until 3 months after you land. A birth without complications in Canada costs about $10k Canadian.

Most of the other provinces provide health care coverage right away. However, you'll need to commit to living in whichever province you give birth in for at least 6 months or that province would ask you to reimburse for any medical expenses that they covered.

Aiker

Jul 19, 2018

1) If you land as PR and your baby is born in Canada, then baby automatically gets Canadian citizenship. (This is the best possible case. You don't have to worry about IRCC documentation).

2) If baby is born before landing as PR in Canada, you need to inform IRCC and add the baby to your PR application.

3) if baby is born in your home country after soft landing, you will need to submit new sponsorship application. You will need to wait up to 1 year for the application to be approved.
Hello!
PRP mail says that you have to inform IRCC about pregnancy. Does anyone have an experience with this? How this May affect your visa?
Thanks!

whyarun_123

May 16, 2018
Hello!
PRP mail says that you have to inform IRCC about pregnancy. Does anyone have an experience with this? How this May affect your visa?
Thanks!
Hi Aiker,
can you please confirm whether pregnancy needs to be informed/ what does it affect the visa?

Aiker

Jul 19, 2018
Hi! We landed without informing them. No issues. It seems they don’t care as long as you don’t have a new baby with you without a visa :) good luck!

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019

Hello Dear

Hope you are well.

I have applied through AIPP Programe Intermediate Skilled Programe (offshore PR). My application is in process , we recently blessed with baby and I would like to add him in my PR application but do not really know how to do it. I know little bit that I have to go through IRCC webform , but I searched and there is not specific webform for AIPP applicant . I can see application options for express entry, PNP and such other programes but can not see AIPP . Dear can you please help me with this or you can use your source to help me out with this your timely response and effort will be highly appreciated.

thanks and Regards

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hi! We landed without informing them. No issues. It seems they don’t care as long as you don’t have a new baby with you without a visa :) good luck!
Hi There

Hope you are well.

I have applied through AIPP Programe Intermediate Skilled Programe (offshore PR). My application is in process , we recently blessed with baby and I would like to add him in my PR application but do not really know how to do it. I know little bit that I have to go through IRCC webform , but I searched and there is not specific webform for AIPP applicant . I can see application options for express entry, PNP and such other programes but can not see AIPP . Dear can you please help me with this or you can use your source to help me out with this your timely response and effort will be highly appreciated.

thanks and Regards

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hello Buletruck,

Hope you are well.

thanks and Regards

AdvocateIndia

Mar 28, 2018
Hello everyone,

I'm having a critical case..
My wife got pregnant while we are waiting for PPR
I submitted my profile 5 months ago and waiting for PPR
Medicals done since 7 months
What should I do now?
Should I inform the LVO or not?

Noting that I'm willing to do SOFT LANDING and the baby delivery will be after returning from landing (in case i got PPR soon) ...

Please suggest the solution to my case.
Thanks in advance.
I'm an Advocate, passing through similar situation, my wife is pregnant while we are waiting for PPR.

What was your experience through all this, as you have posted your query in Feb 2018.

Please guide.