+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminality in 'Review Required'

nomiabid94

Feb 10, 2019
Hi, I received my GCMs notes yesterday and for some reason my PCC has been put in 'review'. The case processing agent hasn't mentioned any reason about why the PCC needs a review as can be seen in this screenshot
https://imgur.com/a/OmDX8V5
On the second page, it says that the eligibility has been met while criminality is still in progress. I definitely don't have any criminal history. I was hoping if someone could help me with these notes and why the agent needs to review the police certificate and what additional documents I could provide to support the case?

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Hi, I received my GCMs notes yesterday and for some reason my PCC has been put in 'review'. The case processing agent hasn't mentioned any reason about why the PCC needs a review as can be seen in this screenshot
https://imgur.com/a/OmDX8V5
On the second page, it says that the eligibility has been met while criminality is still in progress. I definitely don't have any criminal history. I was hoping if someone could help me with these notes and why the agent needs to review the police certificate and what additional documents I could provide to support the case?
Dont worry. My Chinese PCC was under RR. They make routine checks with the local PS to re confirm the PCC's just to make sure that the submitted document and the applicant are in proper order or not. The time it takes is for the local PS to respond back as they have to go through several channels to confirm the validity of the documents. Unfortunately its a time consuming matter and generally takes anywhere between 6 months to 12 months to get the reviews done. All I can say is you have to wait for them to complete their procedures.

Reactions: nomiabid94

nomiabid94

Feb 10, 2019
Dont worry. My Chinese PCC was under RR. They make routine checks with the local PS to re confirm the PCC's just to make sure that the submitted document and the applicant are in proper order or not. The time it takes is for the local PS to respond back as they have to go through several channels to confirm the validity of the documents. Unfortunately its a time consuming matter and generally takes anywhere between 6 months to 12 months to get the reviews done. All I can say is you have to wait for them to complete their procedures.
Thanks a lot for the reply. Actually, I was in Canada so I received an authorization letter from the Pakistan embassy that authorized my brother to get the PCC in Pakistan on my behalf. The PCC that I received has in bold letters 'ISSUED IN THE ABSENCE OF THE APPLICANT'. So, I thought that this might be the issue and why they've put the PCC in review. I was thinking that I could get my PCC attested from both the Pakistan Foreign Ministry and the Pakistan embassy in Canada and then I could send the attested PCC to CIC. Do you think that would be a good idea?

Reactions: joe141985

joe141985

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-04-2018
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Passport Req..
23-07-2019
Thanks a lot for the reply. Actually, I was in Canada so I received an authorization letter from the Pakistan embassy that authorized my brother to get the PCC in Pakistan on my behalf. The PCC that I received has in bold letters 'ISSUED IN THE ABSENCE OF THE APPLICANT'. So, I thought that this might be the issue and why they've put the PCC in review. I was thinking that I could get my PCC attested from both the Pakistan Foreign Ministry and the Pakistan embassy in Canada and then I could send the attested PCC to CIC. Do you think that would be a good idea?
Sure thing... It would mean that you have taken an initiative to make sure that you're PCC is valid. You can also submit a LOE stating why your brother had to get the PCC instead of you in your absence. Any other form of supporting documents you can think of, you can attach with the LOE and the attested PCC's and combine and send them over to IRCC via a CSE. I believe that is all that you can do from your end. Best of luck.

Reactions: nomiabid94

arsilan324

Dec 16, 2018

Hi @nomiabid94 What was the final outcome? Any updates?