+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminality check for super visa

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
I inquired via my MPs office after 7 months of waiting and radio silence. They said that criminality check for both parent has been passed but eligibility still required a review. I am really confused as to where and what stay the application might be in? The criminality check doesn’t exist as a stage on their app.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I inquired via my MPs office after 7 months of waiting and radio silence. They said that criminality check for both parent has been passed but eligibility still required a review. I am really confused as to where and what stay the application might be in? The criminality check doesn’t exist as a stage on their app.
Background and security check.

Reactions: foxygrandpa

Realbuggu

Oct 16, 2017
I've contacted my MP about the same situation my mom super visa that was submitted in April 2022 without any review/update....The response I got back from the MP was that ircc told her that my mom passed back and eligibility is in reviewing stage....which is bull shit because my mom did have a super visa which was expired last year...Canada need to do like America give you 10 -5 years doesn't matter if your passport expires in that same year of getting the visa...also I don't know what taking them so long after my mom just got the super visa in 2021 and didn't event used it because her passport was going to expire in 2022 so after it expired a new passport was submitted. THE MP"S or of no help they used ur info and look it up the same way we do and give us the same answers we already new

Reactions: foxygrandpa

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
I've contacted my MP about the same situation my mom super visa that was submitted in April 2022 without any review/update....The response I got back from the MP was that ircc told her that my mom passed back and eligibility is in reviewing stage....which is bull shit because my mom did have a super visa which was expired last year...Canada need to do like America give you 10 -5 years doesn't matter if your passport expires in that same year of getting the visa...also I don't know what taking them so long after my mom just got the super visa in 2021 and didn't event used it because her passport was going to expire in 2022 so after it expired a new passport was submitted. THE MP"S or of no help they used ur info and look it up the same way we do and give us the same answers we already new
I understand your frustration, and if it is any consolation, the MP's office gave me sh*t for applying using the new portal. But they don't understand the nasty backlog and how there is an uneven processing of applications from the new portal. At this point, I would just wait and see. There was a great article on Globe and Mail yesterday that might give you some peace of mind.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They do give 10 year multpile entry visas. Your mother was likely given a shorter visa length because there were concerns about her profile. Not uncommon to get a short visa and if you follow the immigration rules given a 10 year the next time.

Realbuggu

Oct 16, 2017
They do give 10 year multpile entry visas. Your mother was likely given a shorter visa length because there were concerns about her profile. Not uncommon to get a short visa and if you follow the immigration rules given a 10 year the next time.
There was no concern about my mom profile or application...I did stated that the passport was going to be expire in the same year of obtaining the visa...America give u 10 years visa even if your passport is going to be expired in one year...Canada should do the same more than giving u one year because your passport is going to be expire

marla729

Dec 8, 2023
There was no concern about my mom profile or application...I did stated that the passport was going to be expire in the same year of obtaining the visa...America give u 10 years visa even if your passport is going to be expired in one year...Canada should do the same more than giving u one year because your passport is going to be expire
Hi Just wonder have you got any update yet?

Realbuggu

Oct 16, 2017
Hi Just wonder have you got any update yet?
Sorry I've to take so long to reply but I was kinda upset she was approved for a 4 years visa...after a new passport....but they do it from the time of the Biometrics which will be expired the next 4 years

marla729

Dec 8, 2023
Sorry I've to take so long to reply but I was kinda upset she was approved for a 4 years visa...after a new passport....but they do it from the time of the Biometrics which will be expired the next 4 years
ah, sorry for that... wish they could do it in better way. Do you mind sharing the timeline? like when you eventually get update after sent message to MP

Realbuggu

Oct 16, 2017
ah, sorry for that... wish they could do it in better way. Do you mind sharing the timeline? like when you eventually get update after sent message to MP
the MP info wasn't all that informing because I already knew what she told me...she got her info from the same system i got mine....but I just let it play out I was update a month after I got my medical for passport