+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRIMINAL REHABILITATION and PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICATIONS

lastflightout

Dec 8, 2015
Got an email from new York right at 6 months. I actually had my dui expunged and their answer was that I can enter without trp/visitors visa/rehabilitation. Another weird thing is the return envelop i sent isn't showing anything. I'm guessing they are sending their own paid envelope? I was almost on the verge of going to Windsor. Good luck and this was as others said a stressful experience. Hopefully crossings are a no issue and will continue be that way forever.

Momofjorge

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
After 10months of my application for rehabilation still no update or anything (manila visa office) so depressing :( our medical is expiring soon. Visa processing for family sponsorship in manila is down to 12 months does this mean we can hear from them soon?

J3N05

Mar 23, 2016
I've posted a petition to change or lessen the criminal rehabilitation laws on change.org If anyone is interested in signing, sharing, and supporting it would be much appreciated....Thank you

This Forum won't let me post the link but if you search "Change Canadian Inadmissibility Laws" It should show up, thank you.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
J3N05 said:
So I am going this week or next with my boyfriend to the border to submit his application for rehabilitation. If anyone has submitted it this way, can you tell me what to expect? Will they allow me in the room while he submits everything? Will they question us? I am trying to make sure all documents are ready to go but I am still waiting on the FBI report and they received and processed the payment as of yesterday, and one more court document from a different county. If anyone can offer advice on presentation of the application package itself too would be much appreciated :)

Also, has everyone here who submitted their Criminal rehabilitation application only had one conviction? Sorry if that's a personal question, it's just I did ask a CBSA agent first individual rehabilitation then she said it's all criminal rehabilitation, and all ports of entry now deal with immigration cases. So she said I can take it to a port of entry. He does have a few convictions. So now I am just really worried. I do not want to take everything there to be turned away. So has anyone submitted with more than one conviction? Thanks....
CBSA would not allow my husbands application at the border...told us to go home and apply through New York...and he had more then one conviction...

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
J3N05 said:
I've posted a petition to change or lessen the criminal rehabilitation laws on change.org If anyone is interested in signing, sharing, and supporting it would be much appreciated....Thank you

This Forum won't let me post the link but if you search "Change Canadian Inadmissibility Laws" It should show up, thank you.
And with all that we have been through I think the laws are fine...I didn't have a single parking ticket and had no problems what so ever getting into the US...I even had the RCMP say there is nothing on your record when they printed it up..My husband broke the laws in the US served his time and paid fines and jumped through each and every hoop CIC gave us...I am Canadian dual with the USA and I have no problem with the laws that are on books right now...I want the laws to be tough between the two counties...Would a lot of time and money have been saved if the laws were different Yes but you see things are pretty slack between Canada and the US as it is now and non North Americans are coming into Canada and the US not to get jobs and live a "normal" life...So CBSA and CIC keep up the good work!

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
So we just got back from picking up our mail and we were sent to secondary inspection...as a reminder my hubby is American has Criminal Rehab ( its been well over 10 years to top that off) and an approved PR and he landed on 29APR2016..The first CBSA told us that his file has a red flag...a Red flag for what?...When into secondary inspection and we were told that he will have to go into 2ndry inspection for the next 8 to 10 years because the last work permit that was denied was in 2014...We don't care that we have to go to 2ndry inspection we care the there is a red flag...we have spent thousands of dollars...years of waiting and travel thousands of miles just to get the Rehab and PR approved...dumb thing is that he will become a Canadian citizen before the red flag will be lifted!..Too Funny!

aj4pals

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
And with all that we have been through I think the laws are fine...I didn't have a single parking ticket and had no problems what so ever getting into the US...I even had the RCMP say there is nothing on your record when they printed it up..My husband broke the laws in the US served his time and paid fines and jumped through each and every hoop CIC gave us...I am Canadian dual with the USA and I have no problem with the laws that are on books right now...I want the laws to be tough between the two counties...Would a lot of time and money have been saved if the laws were different Yes but you see things are pretty slack between Canada and the US as it is now and non North Americans are coming into Canada and the US not to get jobs and live a "normal" life...So CBSA and CIC keep up the good work!
I agree with you on this that the process has to be this strict, but I would argue for a change in rules as to how fast they can approve/deny criminal rehabilitation. 6 months to 12 months and over is a lot of time when most of the cases CIC receives are applications related to non-serious criminal cases. They can charge a couple hundred dollars more if they have to if they can provide a result within 1-2 months. I believe most of the candidates for rehabilitation won't have a problem paying that extra amount to get the response quicker. At least send some updates to the candidates as to how far the application is on the approval timeframe. The current process is too opaque and slow, may be they should have a separate division for just the criminal rehab related paperwork.

Reactions: Criminalman