+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal Rehabiliation Application

brocktoon

Sep 20, 2018
Hello

I have finally acquired all of the materials to apply for criminal rehabilitation. I have several questions before I made the drive over to CIC in Windsor to drop it off.

How long will it take to return if I can drop it off?

Do I need letters of recommendation for character, or not really? I am attaching my CV showing accomplishments since my incident.

If it gets approved, what document(s) will I need to go back into Canada?

After 10 years from the date of sentence served, will I still need to bring said documents?

Someone on here mentioned an application reject for not having passport photos? that's not on the checklist, so if someone who was successful didn't submit them, please let me know.

Thank you

brocktoon

Sep 20, 2018
Bump.

Can anyone assist with any of thesr questions? I dropped off the paperwork at the Detroit Windsor Tunnel, took biometrics but they said 6-8 months which seems ridiculous. Does anyone have an reports of getting their decisions back sooner?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Bump.

Can anyone assist with any of thesr questions? I dropped off the paperwork at the Detroit Windsor Tunnel, took biometrics but they said 6-8 months which seems ridiculous. Does anyone have an reports of getting their decisions back sooner?
It's really hard to say. Some people have an answer in a matter of weeks - others wait many months or even more than a year. Processing times vary very widely. Typically it's faster if you drop off the paperwork at the border. Unfortunately not much you can do but wait and see. Good luck.