+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal record

Tigress19

Oct 24, 2017
HI all. While I was in US I was arrested for shoplifting. I was fingerprinted and labelled as misdemeanor. I went to court on the said date and the case was dismissed.there was no sentencing or fine paid or counseling.That was more than 5 years ago.
Now I am applying for PR and have already requested PCC from FBI.
I'm extremely scared as to how will it affect my application and employment there? Please drop in comments.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
HI all. While I was in US I was arrested for shoplifting. I was fingerprinted and labelled as misdemeanor. I went to court on the said date and the case was dismissed.there was no sentencing or fine paid or counseling.That was more than 5 years ago.
I'm extremely scared as to how will it affect my application and employment there? Please drop in comments.
Am no lawyer, but as far as I know, you are good. Just for safety, please keep your sticky fingers off goods which you do not intend to pay. Good luck.

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dismissed case means no conviction so it will not affect you. Only convictions matter for CIC purposes. If they ask if you have been arrested, you would need to give details, but I highly doubt anything negative would come from it. Cheers and good luck!

Mak101

Jan 23, 2020
Hi Can you pls let us know what happened?