+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal record

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
Can someone please telll me if i have been on conditional discharge and all my conditions has been fulfilled and my probation period is over. Do i have to mention when applying for express entry that i had been charged or arrested? Or is it ok and then when cic asks i will provide all documents?

Please reply

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/conviction.asp

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
If you've recently been convicted of a crime then you'll likely be inadmissable to Canada for several years.

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
Conditional discharge results to non conviction.. and in that link if the conditional discharge is in canada you are not inadmissible..

kryt0n said:
If you've recently been convicted of a crime then you'll likely be inadmissable to Canada for several years.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Record suspension or discharge
If you have been convicted in Canada and want to apply for a record suspension (formerly known as a pardon), check with the Parole Board of Canada. If you get a Canadian record suspension, you will no longer be inadmissible.

If you received a record suspension or a discharge for your conviction in another country, check with the visa office that serves the country or region where you live. It will tell you if the pardon is valid in Canada.

This will help make sure that when you arrive in Canada, a border services officer has enough information to decide if you can enter Canada. The officer will still check to make sure you are not inadmissible for other reasons.

Oct 26, 2016
varinder1717 said:
Can someone please telll me if i have been on conditional discharge and all my conditions has been fulfilled and my probation period is over. Do i have to mention when applying for express entry that i had been charged or arrested? Or is it ok and then when cic asks i will provide all documents?

Please reply
Im also in similar situation, like you.
I was arrested in Canada, later got caution letter saying charges were withdrawn.
In my case I was not charged, convicted. But I was arrested.

Later when I applied for my pgwp and visa, i mentioned about this info.
I successfully received them and I also travelled internationally.

Now Im applying for pr, i will explain about the issue in letter of explanation.
But im very worried because I dont know what kind of impact that incident will have on my application.

I dont know anyone who is in similar situation.
If anyone in similar situation please connect here

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
SLETSSEEWHATHAPPENS said:
I was arrested in Canada, later got caution letter saying charges were withdrawn.

Now Im applying for pr, i will explain about the issue in letter of explanation.
But im very worried because I dont know what kind of impact that incident will have on my application.

What were you arrested for?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
shop lifting (worth $60)
Likely going to be hard to explain, as you weren't convicted then I guess that's a plus. You'll just have to explain the best you can.

I have to ask though, why do something so stupid?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
If you really qualify for a PR through some route, I think it is better for you guys to consult an attorney. Very less chances of getting correct guidance on these things in a public forum as it is not a common scenario.

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
hey i was charged with fraud under 5000 and currently on conditional discharge which stays on record for 3 years but it doesnt hv effect on pr application.

did you have done fingerprints by police?
shop lifting (worth $60)

fyfy123

Apr 26, 2017

Hi, please let me know what happened in your case!!