+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal record

Mar 23, 2018
Hi, everybody.
I am writing to ask for help...

I am a foreigner student in Canada, I came to Canada in Aug/2017 and my study permit and work permit are valid until the end of 2019.
Nowadays, I am studying a 2 years college that finishes on Sept/2019.
I am going to the COURT next week to see the judge, I was caught DRIVING AFTER DRINKING. The lawyer said that I am going to be convicted for IMPAIRED DRIVING OR DRIVING UNDER EFFECT OF ALCOHOL.
I am studying in a public college, so the PGWPP (Post Graduated Work Period Program) should guarantee to me at least 2 years of work permit extension after finishing the college.

If I am convicted for one of these crimes, I still can get the PGWPP or there is no chance?

Femlala

Nov 16, 2015
Hi, everybody.
I am writing to ask for help...

I am a foreigner student in Canada, I came to Canada in Aug/2017 and my study permit and work permit are valid until the end of 2019.
Nowadays, I am studying a 2 years college that finishes on Sept/2019.
I am going to the COURT next week to see the judge, I was caught DRIVING AFTER DRINKING. The lawyer said that I am going to be convicted for IMPAIRED DRIVING OR DRIVING UNDER EFFECT OF ALCOHOL.
I am studying in a public college, so the PGWPP (Post Graduated Work Period Program) should guarantee to me at least 2 years of work permit extension after finishing the college.

If I am convicted for one of these crimes, I still can get the PGWPP or there is no chance?
Your best bet is to make sure you are not convicted else it will take years to get PT

rahuldiscreet007

Jun 4, 2019
hey i was charged with fraud under 5000 and currently on conditional discharge which stays on record for 3 years but it doesnt hv effect on pr application.

did you have done fingerprints by police?
I am likely to get a absolute discharge or conditional discharge. I am gonna complete my course by next semester. Is it gonna affect when I apply for my post graduation work permit? Please reply am really depressed about the situation

Lether

Sep 15, 2019
Im also in similar situation, like you.
I was arrested in Canada, later got caution letter saying charges were withdrawn.
In my case I was not charged, convicted. But I was arrested.

Later when I applied for my pgwp and visa, i mentioned about this info.
I successfully received them and I also travelled internationally.

Now Im applying for pr, i will explain about the issue in letter of explanation.
But im very worried because I dont know what kind of impact that incident will have on my application.

I dont know anyone who is in similar situation.
If anyone in similar situation please connect here
Hi, I am in similar situation and scared.
I got conditional discharge for theft under, my actual charges were withdrawn but only charge left was of theft under. I am on probation but Not going to probation officer as he is happy with me. and doesn't want me to come to him.
I have a job and my employer is ready to sponsor me. I have a study permit that is expiring by end of September 2019 and I haven't got my Work Permit. I am not sure whats gonna happen.

rahuldiscreet007

Jun 4, 2019
I got conditional discharge for theft under, my actual charges were withdrawn but only charge left was of theft under. I am on probation but Not going to probation officer as he is happy with me. and doesn't want me to come to him.
I have a job and my employer is ready to sponsor me. I have a study permit that is expiring by end of September 2019 and I haven't got my Work Permit. I am not sure whats gonna happen.
Any update about your situation?

rahuldiscreet007

Jun 4, 2019
Can you please an update on this? i am in a similar situation

Tpsingh204

Jun 26, 2021
Hey, i was charged with credit fraud for over $5000 and I am going to apply for my PGWP. I mentioned in the application that I was arrested but not found guilty yet and going to be appearing in court in September. is there any chances i will receive my PRWP

kourk

Apr 29, 2022
Im also in similar situation, like you.
I was arrested in Canada, later got caution letter saying charges were withdrawn.
In my case I was not charged, convicted. But I was arrested.

Later when I applied for my pgwp and visa, i mentioned about this info.
I successfully received them and I also travelled internationally.

Now Im applying for pr, i will explain about the issue in letter of explanation.
But im very worried because I dont know what kind of impact that incident will have on my application.

I dont know anyone who is in similar situation.
If anyone in similar situation please connect here