+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal Record - requirements

maarja

Jan 2, 2019
Hi,

Im applying for PR through common law partnership and need advice on wether I need to provide criminal record for Canada only or also for the country of my nationality.

In June 2017 I provided CIC criminal record that i got from my home country (no criminal offences). I have been in Canada since. Now my work visa ended and im applying for PR through common law partnership and need to provide criminal record again. I have been living in Canada since. Do i now have to request another criminal record from the country I came from or can it just be my criminal record from Canada?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Police certificates
The principal applicant and each family member 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police certificates from the following country or countries with the application:
  • Current country of residence if you (or they) have lived there for six months or more.
    and
  • The country where you (or they) resided for most of your (or their) life since the age of 18
Current country of residence = Canada
country where you (or they) resided for most of your (or their) life since the age of 18 = home country