+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal record from 2004

marta1234

Jun 30, 2017
Hello everyone

It has recently come to my attention that my husband was charged with a minor offence in 2004 for getting into an argument with and pushing a taxi driver. He was fined at the time but not put in jail. How will this affect our application for PR? We already sent it in stating that he was never charged with any offence and my husband states that he never even knew this was on his record until we saw it today. What do we do? TIA

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Hello everyone

It has recently come to my attention that my husband was charged with a minor offence in 2004 for getting into an argument with and pushing a taxi driver. He was fined at the time but not put in jail. How will this affect our application for PR? We already sent it in stating that he was never charged with any offence and my husband states that he never even knew this was on his record until we saw it today. What do we do? TIA

If they find the charge and you did not tell them about it, you will be in serious trouble. You should do whatever you can at this point to come clean and tell them about the charge

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hello everyone

He could not have been 'fined' if he wasn't 'charged' (although he may have mis-understood the process).

In any event, you have a non-disclosure situation and you MUST tell CIC immediately.

Some stuff on 'criminal rehabilitation' here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-rehabilitation-inadmissible-persons-criminal-activity.html

I am deffo no expert, but it would seem a minor offence that is normally treated as 'deemed rehabilitated' after 10 years.