+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal Record. Do they verify- How?

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbaig said:
There was FIR on the basis of which court ordered to arrest. The police took bribery to keep name in offence even proof of absence was provided but neglected.
Having an FIR registered is not a good sign even though both parties settled the matter outside the court. I would say either higher a lawyer who can guide you in the right direction or if you dont want to that then mention everything clearly in your application what had happened because CIC will come to know this anyway so better to be mention everything.

Cheers
Sk

mrbaig

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saki said:
Having an FIR registered is not a good sign even though both parties settled the matter outside the court. I would say either higher a lawyer who can guide you in the right direction or if you dont want to that then mention everything clearly in your application what had happened because CIC will come to know this anyway so better to be mention everything.

Cheers
Sk
I think so.

But,for instance, what if I attach,with my application for PR, proof which I provided at that time showing my absence on that day.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbaig said:
I think so.

But,for instance, what if I attach,with my application for PR, proof which I provided at that time showing my absence on that day.
That would not work because FIR was registered and court ordered to arrest you, so if you were innocent then why you didnt show that proof to court and instead of settling the matter outside you could have done it legally and this wouldnt have come on your record. The CIC will not give any importance to this notice as they are not making judgments wheather you were there or not, they will just go with what the court decision was.

Cheers
Saki

mrbaig

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saki said:
That would not work because FIR was registered and court ordered to arrest you, so if you were innocent then why you didnt show that proof to court and instead of settling the matter outside you could have done it legally and this wouldnt have come on your record. The CIC will not give any importance to this notice as they are not making judgments wheather you were there or not, they will just go with what the court decision was.

Cheers
Saki
Seems leading to disappointment

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbaig said:
Seems leading to disappointment
Better consult with some good lawyer as i am not an immigration consultant so maybe i am wrong or there is some good way to put this up to CIC.

Cheers
Saki

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Full disclosure is all you need. Don't keep anything under the carpet.

Whatever must have transpired during the period under question should be mentioned even though there is no conviction.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Apply for rehabilitation when the time comes, or apply after enough time has passed to be deemed rehabilitated. Either way you will need full disclosure and not a single mark against you in the mean time.

Good luck.

freckles4256

Feb 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there i just was reading what you posted, and yes you must put down anything to do with an offence or ciminal behavour regardless if you were charged or not. I wish i had asked questions on here about criminal offences as i was given the total wrong advice and by a police officer and now im sure i am gona be rejected. Even tho i was given the chance to explain myself to why i answered wrong to the question on criminal offences i still feel the out come will be bad. please dont make the same mistake i made and just put it down to be safe. I have stuffed my chances up off staying with my husband though not seeking the right advice. :( :(