waived-letter dated 27/07/2010
Passport Req..
20/09/2010
VISA ISSUED...
28/09/2010
LANDED..........
28/09/2010
jawknee said:
Awesome..... thanks! Your help is much appreciated.....

Thankfully a few of the forms are the same as the ones we have already filled out.... as you said, i'd rather deal with having to get a flight to London than have to get medical after medical and the fact that my fiance and I have so much evidence of us being in a relationship I'm not too worried about being called for an interview! After all, in 7 weeks we will also have wedding certificate/photos etc etc.

Thanks again....

Application process begins again.... this process is trully never ending!

are you going to wait and apply as spousal instead of common law? I think that it would just make things so much easier, there's a bunch of stuff you'll have to prove if you're applying common law that you don't have to as spousal. common law is more for people that can't or don't want to get married, I think the IO (immigration officer) looking at your file might be confused as why you are married and yet didn't file for spousal. Since your wedding is only 7 weeks away it just makes sense to wait until then to file as outside spousal!

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010
File Transfer...
19/08/2010
Med's Done....
13/07/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
just my opinion - but if you are going to apply outland, you should wait and submit your application until AFTER you are married. Although you can apply common-law, sometimes outland apps are rejected if it appears to the IOs that you are planning to marry - they would prefer that you marry first, then apply.

Doesn't mean you can't do it common-law, but if you are getting married so soon, I would recommend waiting - it may take you that long to get all the necessary paperwork together anyways. I would recommend that you try to plan on submitting your application very soon after your wedding.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I applied Inland in September 2009, having been in Canada for 24 months. I sent in my UK police record and also sent my fingerprints to the RCMP in Ottawa at the same time the application was sent to Vegreville. I am assuming that CIC get in touch with the RCMP, should they need too.

I was not sure the fingerprints were needed but figured for 35 dollars it was worth sending them anyway.

I was approved in principle by April 2010 and landed inland on 20th May 2010, less than 8 months in total to PR.

I do believe sending my fingerprints early without a request from CIC did help speed up the application.

Like I said, if you do apply Inland, probably best to do that anyway. It won't hurt the application.

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
I would recommend you apply outland..as k1203 said Inland is a long process and you would have to keep doing your medical..which can be costly..I almost applied inland as I was under the impression that was the way was to do it from in Canada..Luckily I found some forums (this one and another) and did lots of research and made the decision to apply outland in the end..I have successfully obtained and extension to remain in Canada until Aug 2011 but don't expect to wait longer than March 2011..hopefully!

I would also fill everything out and apply as Married sending it in after you get married..there is a chance you could have PR by Jan 2011 if you send it in at the end of September.. :D

kwabena kwabena

Star Member
May 26, 2010
jawknee said:
I am not submitting my application through London britincanada.... I am submitting my application from here in Canada.... not sure if this changes things???

Hello, Pmm gave you the perfect answer, read the instruction.

Yes you are applying for inland and you will need police report/ certs from countries you have lieved in for more than 6 months since the age of 18..

Again, read the instructions, YOU DO NOT NEED A POLICE REPORT FROM CANADA again YOU DO NOT NEED A POLICE REPORT FROM CANADA, CIC will their theri won search from within Canada for you, unless you want to spend more $$$$ now and is up to you if you want to send them one from CANADA but you dont need it.

Good luck

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Okay after much reading even the tiny prints of cic and re-reading them and understand what i am reading allow me to suggest my 00.02 cents.. ;D
You REALLY have to think and re-think whether you prefer inland or outland. Also. there are no two situations that are exactly the same. Every case is treated by the IO as that. a separate case. I know many people here after lurking for a while who have gotten their full PR in 8 months. Also i know many people here who get their pr in five to ten years!

It is how your case is, How you present your case and how much you know about your personal case that should be your deciding factor. I would suggest commit a week or a few days to reading CIC and understanding their website and you will understand.
If it helps you, then put your situation in point form ie

• I have been married for less than a year
    I met my spouse this way
    I have this and that documents.

Also, put yourself in the IO shoes. pretend Canada is your country and you want people who are deemed safe to immigrate etc and not put a burden to the canadian gvt.
Pretend you are an IO . if you can convince yourself that you will not be a risk and your own paperwork looks genuine to even yourself then chances are you will get your inland stuff in 8 months,

In layman terms, it is simply how easy or complex your case is to an outsiders eyes. I still think the process for inlanders is unfair though

just my 00.02 cents
[/list]