+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

criminal record and citizenship interview, CBSA OHIP history

tra

Dec 25, 2012
hi guys,,

could anyone who has taken the test, write his/her experience on test day? like what happened in the interview, what question do they ask? what are stages that you went through on that day in cic office and if there is any special advice we should act upon?

Do they always ask about police invlovement during citizenship interview on test day? cause i had one 4 years ago and charges were dismissed and criminal record has been destructed. i believe if they ask about that then it might delay my application processing as i would answer "yes". ???Is my opinion correct? i know its too early for me but i am just trying to prepare myself.

please write us a detailed note so those who are preparing for test and an interview, may avoid surprises.

Do they ask about employment history, where and how long?

Do they ask any other question apart from application?

secondly, I am gonna send my application very soon, is it a good idea to apply for OHIP history and CBSA record now to avoid delay if they send me RQ?

thanx

miltonian

Oct 24, 2012
@ tra

Dear,
Yes they must ask you about your criminal records. Interviewer will ask you have you any criminal records since you become Permanent Resident.Any Police involvement? Do not hide anything. Because they can find out everything. If you are invited for a Test I think your previous records are OK now,but must tell them facts.
About Job history interviewer might ask you few questions just to verify dates, job title, duration, job description and their contact numbers.
Employer address & contact numbers are most important. Also your residential addresses during last for yours are important too.
Its better if you just take your T4 forms or salary slips with you. as a proof of address you can keep lease or mortgage papers.
Just take it easy.........reply all questions confidently....... answers should be to the point. Avoid irrelevant talking............long stories creates more questions.
Interviewer's focus is to verify and reconcile all the documents you have submitted along with your application, verify your Entry/Exits records are matched with your passports,and judgement of your listening and speaking skills of ENGLISH.
If He/She is satisfied from all above you will get Answer sheet for the next step which is 30 minutes test.
Wish you good luck.

tra

Dec 25, 2012
thanks miltonian. i appreciate. PMM or anyother wanna share their experience n knowledge? please answer my question about cbsa n ohip too. waiting....

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tra said:
......secondly, I am gonna send my application very soon, is it a good idea to apply for OHIP history and CBSA record now to avoid delay if they send me RQ?...
1 . Its best to send only the documentation that is requested in the application form, guide and check sheet. If you send more info they (i) may think you are trying to hide something and/or (ii) disregard it anyway. CIC will issue an RQ regardless as they may decide to list your file for Quality Assurance/ Control.

2. No harm in getting your entry records they will verify the dates you are declaring for residence match those in the CBSA database. This is especially useful for those using a Trusted Traveller scheme e.g Nexus where you don't always get a passport stamp/ deal with border agents.