+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Crediantial Assessment of Qualifications-Qurax and Seniors

MADHUMATI111

Jul 15, 2010
I am starting this new thread, with motive of our eminent seniors like Qurax and others who lives with attitude of helping new immigrants to settle fast and make life worth living to contribute their IQ and experience
I had researched little on this topic, and find some information, pls see this links

http://www.cicic.ca/415/credential-assessment-services.canada
for Ontario their are three options available
1.CES
2.ICAS
3.WES

with fees ranging from $99 for ICAS and $220 from CES.

Pls suggest that
1.Is Crediantial Assessment of Qualifications. practically helps for grabbing good job.
2. Which Agency and service will serve the purpose to get job.
Request for advices and discussion on this.

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
I'm not a senior but I hope I'm allowed to provide my perspective on this.... ;)

you need to be more specific. bascially it doesnt hurt to have your credentials assessed and 100 bucks is affordable. on the other hand for employment purposes if you have several years work experience most employers (in unregulated jobs) don't care so much about your academic credential. however, it depends on your profession, country of origin and personal background/work history (including previous employer and position). in other words, let's say you work as an IT project manager,in this case no one really will be interested in a WES assessment of your academic qualifications but they will look very closely into what you've achieved after graduation and they for sure want to get in contact with previous employers...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
@clubcanada
Very well said buddy !

@Madhumati
To your twin queries...

1.Is Crediantial Assessment of Qualifications. practically helps for grabbing good job.
-Not necessarily. However, it'd be wise to get it done -- 'coz then the prospective employer relates to our foreign quals better.

2. Which Agency and service will serve the purpose to get job.
-Either of them is Ok. We may opt for the cheaper one though.

*Sometimes it helps for a 'regulated profession' too, 'coz in it u need to be licensed - and those licensing orgs would need to look@your foreign quals... many a times to offer u credits against reduced programs while requiring further [Canadian] studies!

Bottomline: It's good to have our foreign credentials assessed.

Qorax

MADHUMATI111

Jul 15, 2010
Dear Clubcanada and Qurax sir, your expert advice is really worth for taking and pursuing for credential assessment, Thanks for your helping attitude. With all best wishes

sunnytwin

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent to CIO
AOR Received.
07-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent to CIO
Med's Request
05-April-2011
Med's Done....
24-April-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-June-2011
Initially, I was thinking of NOT getting my credentials assessed; I've 2 degrees from reputable UK universities.

Then, on second thoughts, why not!!?? May cost you $100+ and a bit of paper work but if it helps in some way towards securing a job then get it!

I use WES, no particular reason other than it was recommended by CIIP when I was in Manila for their Labour market briefing.

Good luck in your job hunting.
;D ;D ;D

sunnytwin

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent to CIO
AOR Received.
07-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent to CIO
Med's Request
05-April-2011
Med's Done....
24-April-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-June-2011
Important Note: If you do use WES, make sure you click "WES Canada", bottom right of www.wes.org. WES also do credential assessment for USA.

Cheers!
8) 8) 8)