+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

credentials evaluation, WES or ICAS to which one should we apply?

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
WES is the fastest

NewSask

Jul 1, 2015
shb said:
Hello members,

I have to get my ECA done and I have come across 3 assessment bodies: WES, ICAS and CES

I had a look at the WES website but unfortunately my university is NOT listed on their website.
They say that they only access degrees from certain universities in Pakistan and when I downloaded the .pdf from their website, my university is not present.

Although my university is recognized by the HEC in Pakistan. [karachi Institute of Economics and Technology]
What should I do?
I have emailed them but no reply yet.
I plan on calling them on Monday to find out.

Until then, please share any similar experience.
Advice shall be appreciated.

Thanx
I am also in same situation. I had a look at the WES website but unfortunately my university is also NOT listed on their website. University is not listed in the .pdf from their website

What should I do? I need your honest opinion regarding that.

shb

May 10, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
Doc's Request.
Photo Request (18-02-15)
Nomination.....
18-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
24-06-2015 --> SLU 26-06-2015
Med's Done....
27-06-2015 --> Uploaded 30-06-2015 --> TLU 04-07-2015
Passport Req..
Request --> 14-07-15 PP submitted --> 03-08-15
VISA ISSUED...
Received pp with Maple Leaf :)
LANDED..........
Soon...
NewSask said:
I am also in same situation. I had a look at the WES website but unfortunately my university is also NOT listed on their website. University is not listed in the .pdf from their website

What should I do? I need your honest opinion regarding that.
If ur university is not listed in WES, try ICAS.

Synder

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December 2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Passed 12 December 2016
Passport Req..
24 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
30 January 2017
LANDED..........
30 April 2017
I went and was evaluated in these two organizations. The good part with WES, they offer fast track service but it is expensive. However, WES don't have a good customer service and their prone to error in evaluation like one of my degree is only evaluated as 2 years in WES while in ICAS it is a Bachelor's Degree. Although ICAS takes too long for a credential to be evaluated, you can guarantee that their evaluation is good and their system is efficient.
Bro I have the same problem, my degree in the Philippines was classified as a "2 year diploma" because of the "quality of education this institution provides." They also gave me really bad grad equivalents eg my lowest grade is 85% and I only got a C! I think I might just go for ICAS

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
Hi All,

One of my friends has completed Diploma in Education from a college in Gwalior, Madhya pradesh, India.

She wanted to get it verified by WES but in WES site - in the dropdown of free degree equivalency tool, it is not showing any diploma category, whereas when I checked site, I found that WES has asked for Statement of Marks + Duplicate Provisional certificate for her course.

Please suggest what is to be done in this case. It is really not easy to get these docs from that board. Please suggest should we consider this as she only has bachelor degree and this diploma in teaching.

Does WES consider it as Diploma?

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
Hi All,

One more query please : Is there any best site to request statement of marks + duplicate provisional certificate to be sent to WES? The name of the course is Diploma in education and Board is Madhya Pradesh board, India. There is no as such university involved.

Please suggest.

Ayesham9

Jul 31, 2018
Previously it was mentioned by ICAS on their website.they need attested photocopies of degree and transcript not original for the country Pakistan.now they are saying they need original also. I'm confused now WES or ICAS?

Shb I have also done my degree from Karachi institute of information and te hnology (KIET)

mizugucs

Jul 12, 2020
I went and was evaluated in these two organizations. The good part with WES, they offer fast track service but it is expensive. However, WES don't have a good customer service and their prone to error in evaluation like one of my degree is only evaluated as 2 years in WES while in ICAS it is a Bachelor's Degree. Although ICAS takes too long for a credential to be evaluated, you can guarantee that their evaluation is good and their system is efficient.
Hi vpfsw, would you mind share how many hours your diploma documents was showing? I have the same problem, got 2 year with WES and I'm thinking of try with ICAS. My diploma is 2360hours in Analysis and Software Development