+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

credentials evaluation, WES or ICAS to which one should we apply?

sandhujatt

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Doc's Request.
26 jan 2010
Nomination.....
na
AOR Received.
documents recieved by ND Office 23 March
IELTS Request
submitted initialy
File Transfer...
3 feb
Med's Request
21 may
Med's Done....
03 june again and again done and finally sent on 29th december
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21 may sent on 04 june again sent on 30th december 2010(recalled for making Son's Passport)
VISA ISSUED...
24 january 2011
LANDED..........
planning in april
Dear friends,
i would like to have your sugesstions regarding credential evaluation as i was refered to WES by CIIP people but they demand transcripts of all the certificates to sent to them,but i have researched on the site of ICAS and they dont demand transcripts so the work for me here in indian universities can be reduced if go with ICAS.
But i am confused over the credibility of both the agencies that which one will be better
please suggest on this seniors
Thanks

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not only it differ between the province but so far as i know it also depends on the choice and preference/recommendation of the employing org.....Specially for 4131...

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear fariza
hopefully awaiting you passport request with a bit sweet delay.have you applied to WES? i didnot applied for assessment yet. have you tried any job options in canada on-line?could you please share job opportunity for 4131.
wishes
imu

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imu said:
dear fariza
hopefully awaiting you passport request with a bit sweet delay.have you applied to WES? i didnot applied for assessment yet. have you tried any job options in canada on-line?could you please share job opportunity for 4131.
wishes
imu
The delay is not taking sweet dear rather tensed as couldn't stay here for long in waiting.... I browsed over net but not yet tried for any particular job and therefore the CE... Will share once it comes by. All the very best for you too

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
sandhujatt said:
Dear friends,
i would like to have your sugesstions regarding credential evaluation as i was refered to WES by CIIP people but they demand transcripts of all the certificates to sent to them,but i have researched on the site of ICAS and they dont demand transcripts so the work for me here in indian universities can be reduced if go with ICAS.
But i am confused over the credibility of both the agencies that which one will be better
Thanks
I don't think that the transcript evaluation will help you much to fech a job in Canada. If you want to do it for further studies, you have to consult your propective universities. If your university is listed in the universities list, then you are not required to evaluate your non-canadian degree. You only have to submit your original transcripts along with your application.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SISH7255 said:
I don't think that the transcript evaluation will help you much to fech a job in Canada. If you want to do it for further studies, you have to consult your propective universities. If your university is listed in the universities list, then you are not required to evaluate your non-canadian degree. You only have to submit your original transcripts along with your application.
Thanks for the info SISH but probably Snadhujatt is talking about the need of CE for Job... Well probably for fetching a job even under non regulated profession its not that straightforward as for enrolling higher studies...

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandhujatt said:
Dear friends,
Thanks
Nobody while giving job in Canada ask for credential assesment. Degrees are seen and checked after job offer.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 said:
Nobody while giving job in Canada ask for credential assesment. Degrees are seen and checked after job offer.
Thanks for the authentic info bro... Not seen you as often here now a days... must be busy with life over there. Take care

akshargajjar

Jan 30, 2008
DONT GO FOR ICAS,
BECAUSE IN ICAS YOU HAVE TO SEND YOUR ORIGNALS MARKSHEET, DEGREE AND OTHER TO ICAS, (AT YOUR OWN RISK) THEY DONT EVALUATE WITHOUT "ORIGNALS"
BECASUSE VERIFIED, TRUECOPY, NOTORISED IS NOT VALID AT ALL.

I HAVE PAID THEIR FEES,BUT STILL WITHOUT REPORT.....

GO FOR WES

shb

May 10, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
Doc's Request.
Photo Request (18-02-15)
Nomination.....
18-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
24-06-2015 --> SLU 26-06-2015
Med's Done....
27-06-2015 --> Uploaded 30-06-2015 --> TLU 04-07-2015
Passport Req..
Request --> 14-07-15 PP submitted --> 03-08-15
VISA ISSUED...
Received pp with Maple Leaf :)
LANDED..........
Soon...
Hello members,

I have to get my ECA done and I have come across 3 assessment bodies: WES, ICAS and CES

I had a look at the WES website but unfortunately my university is NOT listed on their website.
They say that they only access degrees from certain universities in Pakistan and when I downloaded the .pdf from their website, my university is not present.

Although my university is recognized by the HEC in Pakistan. [karachi Institute of Economics and Technology]
What should I do?
I have emailed them but no reply yet.
I plan on calling them on Monday to find out.

Until then, please share any similar experience.
Advice shall be appreciated.

Thanx

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
shb said:
Hello members,

I have to get my ECA done and I have come across 3 assessment bodies: WES, ICAS and CES

I had a look at the WES website but unfortunately my university is NOT listed on their website.
They say that they only access degrees from certain universities in Pakistan and when I downloaded the .pdf from their website, my university is not present.

Although my university is recognized by the HEC in Pakistan. [karachi Institute of Economics and Technology]
What should I do?
I have emailed them but no reply yet.
I plan on calling them on Monday to find out.

Until then, please share any similar experience.
Advice shall be appreciated.

Thanx
Sir

Go for ICAS

Stay Blessed

vpfsw

Star Member
May 28, 2013
I went and was evaluated in these two organizations. The good part with WES, they offer fast track service but it is expensive. However, WES don't have a good customer service and their prone to error in evaluation like one of my degree is only evaluated as 2 years in WES while in ICAS it is a Bachelor's Degree. Although ICAS takes too long for a credential to be evaluated, you can guarantee that their evaluation is good and their system is efficient.

Oct 4, 2014
hi,
My occupation code is 4214 its teaching in early childhood .I wanted to know wchich agency to apply WES or CES and I have done my Masters in Psychology so madras university will give me attested copies of certificates.please guide asI am confused.
thanks