+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CREB and pgwp applied outside of country

Rohitjaswal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
I applied the pgwp on 29th January 2020 and went to India for one month on 22 Feb. Still, I paid my rent and had a name on house lease till 2021. I take the vacation leave from my work place as the company (Mandarin) is not doing well due to covid 19. So, I decided to visit India and had a return ticket on 30th march. But, due to current covid 19 circumstances, I cannot able to book a flight and cannot have a work. Still, I have to pay for everything, telephone, rent usually. I just wanna have a one question that can I still able to get CERB Benefits. If not, can I get it when I will be there around the end of the April due to no work.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied the pgwp on 29th January 2020 and went to India for one month on 22 Feb. Still, I paid my rent and had a name on house lease till 2021. I take the vacation leave from my work place as the company (Mandarin) is not doing well due to covid 19. So, I decided to visit India and had a return ticket on 30th march. But, due to current covid 19 circumstances, I cannot able to book a flight and cannot have a work. Still, I have to pay for everything, telephone, rent usually. I just wanna have a one question that can I still able to get CERB Benefits. If not, can I get it when I will be there around the end of the April due to no work.
Not if you are not in Canada. What is your current status with your employer? Did you leave your job in February? How long have you been working there (Hours)? You also may not be able to find a flight to return to Canada inApril. Many flights are being cancelled.

Reactions: Rohitjaswal

Rohitjaswal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Not if you are not in Canada. What is your current status with your employer? Did you leave your job in February? How long have you been working there (Hours)? You also may not be able to find a flight to return to Canada inApril. Many flights are being cancelled.
My employer refused me to have a work. I left the job in February. I worked 20 hours almost from past two years. And may be if I find a flight in last of April or in may begining, can I apply that time?

Rohitjaswal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
So confusing. Some people are getting it even in India, I call to them. Don't know the actual definition of residing in Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So confusing. Some people are getting it even in India, I call to them. Don't know the actual definition of residing in Canada.
Anyone who applies is getting because there are no checks being done. It will be after the fact that the non-qualifying people will be required to pay it back, plus interest.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
So let i call to CRA and ask directly whts going on in this situation.
No. As mentioned, in order for the Government to get funds into the hands of individuals ASAP, the checks will be on the back end . If people received funds and weren’t eligible, the government will recoup these. So no, don’t call the CRA, there hands are busy as it is
Unnecessary calls just cause longer holds for everyone

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No. As mentioned, in order for the Government to get funds into the hands of individuals ASAP, the checks will be on the back end . If people received funds and weren’t eligible, the government will recoup these. So no, don’t call the CRA, there hands are busy as it is
Unnecessary calls just cause longer holds for everyone
Disagree. People trying to clarify if they qualify for CERB is not uneccesqry.

Reactions: Rohitjaswal

Rohitjaswal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
I got the ROE from my employer. Also, I called to CERB department. They said you can apply if you lost your job due to covid-19. This is the new update. What do you think guys, is it ok to do that now?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got the ROE from my employer. Also, I called to CERB department. They said you can apply if you lost your job due to covid-19. This is the new update. What do you think guys, is it ok to do that now?
Covid 19 had not really hit Canada at that point (January). Yes there was some impact on Asian restaurants but you could have sought out employment elsewhere and still been hired. When did Mandarin close? You say that Mandarin wasn’t doing well so you decided take vacation leave and visit India. You weren’t laid off but were others and when? When did you stop working? Did you already have a planned vacation which many students do after their studies end?

Rohitjaswal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
I stopped working on15th of February but before that, manager told me take off for a one month, and said, might be in April, we will have a customers again and you can start working. So I went to India to utilize that time period to be with my family for a month and start working again by month of April. I had the return ticket on 30 th of March But due to lockdown and covid 19, I got my tickets cancelled. Also, my employer sent the ROE to my work mate and all the other workers also laid off but after 3 weeks. So that's everything, my situation is bit complicated regards an eligibility.

Rohitjaswal

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
However, I decided to not to apply the CERB because if in case of ineligibility, I don't know what fine and penalties, I have to pay back or may be this can effect the PR as well. So, I am not taking any risk at a moment. But, still I am paying the rent and bills which is very painful.

Another side of my Enquiry needed:

I already applied my pgwp and waiting the results, may be, I get a final decision in the month of May begining as I am going to complete 90 days on that time.

1. So, can I travel with my study permit and TRV which is valid till 2021 april?

2. Do I need a work permit and somebody from my house have to send it to my Indian address.?

I