+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Creating EE profile - very old work experiences

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Hi guys,

A simple question - I had some full time work experiences that were older than 10 years, which I don't want to claim points from.

1. Should I still list them on the work experience section on the EE profile form? I won't get the job reference letter from that employer.
2. If I do list them, can I delete them later if CIC asks for reference letters?

Thanks!

Danny

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Do not that list it in work history if you do not want points. However, you can list it in personal history.

hope this helps :)

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
dannyhcean said:
Hi guys,

A simple question - I had some full time work experiences that were older than 10 years, which I don't want to claim points from.

1. Should I still list them on the work experience section on the EE profile form? I won't get the job reference letter from that employer. A: No need.
2. If I do list them, can I delete them later if CIC asks for reference letters? A: While applying for e-APR, you should put them under personal history section and IRCC won't expect any reference letter.

Thanks!

Danny

MapleLeaf18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2016
Passport Req..
25-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2016
If you mention it in the EE profile under Work Experience you would be asked to provide evidence of it later.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Is the work experience section in EE only for jobs for which I want to claim points, or do I need to declare all jobs held in the past 10 years here?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
johnjkjk said:
Is the work experience section in EE only for jobs for which I want to claim points, or do I need to declare all jobs held in the past 10 years here?
Definitely the jobs you wish to claim points for. The rest is your wish, but you must include them in the e-APR (Post ITA) under personnel history, lest it be considered misrepresentation/hiding facts.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
CanadaWeCome said:
Definitely the jobs you wish to claim points for. The rest is your wish, but you must include them in the e-APR (Post ITA) under personnel history, lest it be considered misrepresentation/hiding facts.
Thanks. Would I need reference letters for everything that I list under personnel history in the e-APR? Also what about a paid internship completed as part of a degree- its apparently not considered to be skilled work experience (see help centre 'Can I count work experience that was part of my education toward the work requirement?')- so would I need to declare it in the e-APR as a job, in case their background check yields information about this.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
johnjkjk said:
Thanks. Would I need reference letters for everything that I list under personnel history in the e-APR? Also what about a paid internship completed as part of a degree- its apparently not considered to be skilled work experience (see help centre 'Can I count work experience that was part of my education toward the work requirement?')- so would I need to declare it in the e-APR as a job, in case their background check yields information about this.
No need for reference letters for items under personal history section.

Intern ships doesn't count for CEC or FSW unless it's for NOC 4012 (under FSW only and at least 20 hrs. per week).

Yes, please declare everything in e-APR.