+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Creating a company or Business to recruit family members

Ramzi Rais

Mar 27, 2015
Hello there,

Can someone help me, please?
I have a few questions for those who have experience in owning a business or a registered company, If I were to bring a sibling to come to Canada as a hired foreign employee to my company, what are the requirements of the business or the company that I own should be.?

Should it be a business that has been operating for a minimum period of time? could it be an online company?
do I have to show annual or monthly income transactions, tax?
and what are the requirements of the person being hired ( in this case my sibling and his family ) to be approved?

Thank you and we will continue the conversation hopefully
RT

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll need to go through the LMIA process in order for them to be able to apply for a work permit. LMIA process takes 4-6 months and there will be additional time for work permit processing (likely several more months).

See the link below for what the requirements are for your business and what documents you will need to provide.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/business-legitimacy.html

Also make sure you look at the advertising requirements. It's mandatory you meet them for the LMIA to be approved.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/median-wage/high/requirements.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Getting a work permit for a family member at your own company is very difficult. It is seen as attempting to circumvent the immigration rules which is usually the plan.

Ramzi Rais

Mar 27, 2015
Getting a work permit for a family member at your own company is very difficult. It is seen as attempting to circumvent the immigration rules which is usually the plan.
thank you for replying. That's a very good point I was going to ask about. I am just trying to get a sibling to come to Canada, and I don't want to get in trouble with the government here in Canada. Would this be a case of fraud or misrepresentation?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thank you for replying. That's a very good point I was going to ask about. I am just trying to get a sibling to come to Canada, and I don't want to get in trouble with the government here in Canada. Would this be a case of fraud or misrepresentation?
No - it's not fraud or misrepresentation provided you follow the rules and the information in all applications is truthful. Note that the LMIA process is long and expensive with no guarantee of approval. You will need to prove that you were unable to find Canadians to hire for the job.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not misrepresentation but it will be difficult because previous immigration programs were used to get family members to immigrate. This is far from a sure thing.

Ramzi Rais

Mar 27, 2015
Not misrepresentation but it will be difficult because previous immigration programs were used to get family members to immigrate. This is far from a sure thing.
I do not have any other choice, I can't sponsor my sibling, that's the only way I can get a sibling to come to Canada according to my little knowledge.Right?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I do not have any other choice, I can't sponsor my sibling, that's the only way I can get a sibling to come to Canada according to my little knowledge.Right?
Most obvious option is for them to qualify for PR on their own through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry.

Scheun1

Star Member
Jul 9, 2021
Hello
Hello there,

Can someone help me, please?
I have a few questions for those who have experience in owning a business or a registered company, If I were to bring a sibling to come to Canada as a hired foreign employee to my company, what are the requirements of the business or the company that I own should be.?

Should it be a business that has been operating for a minimum period of time? could it be an online company?
do I have to show annual or monthly income transactions, tax?
and what are the requirements of the person being hired ( in this case my sibling and his family ) to be approved?

Thank you and we will continue the conversation hopefully
RT
Hello Ramzi, have you been able to bring your sibling now?