+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRA - Notice of assessment

prerak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Do we need to update CRA- Notice of assessment anywhere while submitting application?

I am CEC- Inland since last 2.5 years.

kvn

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
prerak said:
Do we need to update CRA- Notice of assessment anywhere while submitting application?

I am CEC- Inland since last 2.5 years.
Attach it with proof of work experience.

Quote from IRCC:

If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years]).

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
No - not required to upload upfront.

Not sure what you mean with "CEC-Inland" since last 2.5 years? My category was CEC-Inland as well and I resided in Canada for 4 years before submitting my e-APR in January and obtain the PR recently in April.

No request was made to provide CRA, T4, Paystubs.....nada nothing ;)

prerak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
CasioLottoMax said:
No - not required to upload upfront.

Not sure what you mean with "CEC-Inland" since last 2.5 years? My category was CEC-Inland as well and I resided in Canada for 4 years before submitting my e-APR in January and obtain the PR recently in April.

No request was made to provide CRA, T4, Paystubs.....nada nothing ;)
What did you show as a proof for 4 years of work experience in Canada? Only HR letter and no pay-stubs, T4, etc.
CEC-Inland since last 2.5 years means I working in Canada since 2.5 years. ;D ;D

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
I provided my closed work permit as well as company's reference letter.

It won't harm to upload T4 and/or paystubs upfront, but it is not an obligatory requirement for the submission. If CIC reviews your file they would ask for additional proof if they are not satisfied with the information/proof provided in your submission.

NDSINGH

Apr 28, 2016
Question -

I applied for tax refund, but it is still in progress. I got letter from CRA and they asked for further documents, which i provided. Today i called CRA and they said, it can take from 8 weeks to 52 weeks for CRA to complete my assessment.

I am going to apply for express entry, will this change my chances for PR?

This is my first year of assessment.

Last edited:

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Question -

I applied for tax refund, but it is still in progress. I got letter from CRA and they asked for further documents, which i provided. Today i called CRA and they said, it can take from 8 weeks to 52 weeks for CRA to complete my assessment.

I am going to apply for express entry, will this change my chances for PR?
This is your first year to fill tax return?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Then it can take longer it is right. But you have t4 and pay stubs to proof everything.

Oct 10, 2017
Hi,

Question. How can we contact CRA for the Notice of Assessment for my sponsor? Aside from their telephone number because we heard that they are difficult to contact. Thanks!

victorIndia

Sep 14, 2019
Hi,

I have 2.5 years of work experience in Canada and now I have moved to India. I have NOA for 2016 and 2017 but some how my tax return got misplaced for 2018. I have resent my returns now and it is showing as received in CRA website. Now since i am claiming Canadian work experience in my case i guess would be considered 1+ years. Can i file PR now or shall I wait till I get NOA for 2018. I have below details with me now

1) 2016 T4, NOA and Form C
2) 2017 T4, NOA and Form C
3) 2018 T1

NOA and Form C might take some time for 2018. I have all my document ready including company letter which was very difficult to get from my employer.

So i was thinking should I wait for NOA as it might take a month or two or Can i proceed with application?