30-10-2022
Nomination.....
17-10-2022
AOR Received.
30-10-2022

EdithF86

Star Member
Oct 31, 2016
Same AOR, same PVO and SVO, same agent, same MEP date!

Our applications are pretty much the same. the only difference I noticed is my info sharing is still in progress. I lived in the US for 5 years with multiple address history I wonder if it is the cause.
Mine passed eligibility on Jan 30th and then seems to have swapped VOs so now VO2 is CIO, where I think I'm waiting for bg check to get cleared.

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
Mine passed eligibility on Jan 30th and then seems to have swapped VOs so now VO2 is CIO, where I think I'm waiting for bg check to get cleared.
My application has zero movement after medical passed / bio linked.

CEC2023

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
My application has zero movement after medical passed / bio linked.
This is normal for SVO Ottawa, there are several files with Nov 2022 AOR without movements since R10. Even if you look at the AOR May 2022 thread there are a few untouched since MEP/BIL by this office. They are processing within 16 months as it says on the CIC website.
Or even worse the file might be assigned to inactive officer / placeholder like this here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cec-november-2022-aor.781001/post-10357828

Last edited:

sk85

Dec 29, 2022
This is normal for SVO Ottawa, there are several files with Nov 2022 AOR without movements since R10. Even if you look at the AOR May 2022 thread there are a few untouched since MEP/BIL by this office. They are processing within 16 months as it says on the CIC website.
Or even worse the file might be assigned to inactive officer / placeholder like this here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cec-november-2022-aor.781001/post-10357828
I got a bit impatient and called IRCC today to ensure I am not assigned to an inactive officer. Status same as 2 weeks back. Eligibility and Background check not started. Info sharing in progress. My Info sharing has been in progress since the first time I called early Jan. The agent did not provide me the Id of the officer my file was assigned to. Instead, I was sent an email with the below information.

Article about inactive immigration officers and IDs

The Government of Canada is committed to providing efficient and effective processing of applications to support the successful integration of newcomers into Canada.

Applicants can be assured that the 60,000 applications currently in queue for review are being processed. The codes in reference are used to differentiate between the various stages in application flow/review. They are means of inventory management, and clients can still expect to be contacted once a decision has been made.

In some cases, when an officer leaves or becomes inactive, their previous user code will be used to compile similar applications and become a batch code or group reference number. This batch code is used to triage similar applications and aids in processing - they're no longer associated to an individual officer.

It should be noted that IRCC has an integrated network of offices that share the workload as necessary. The processing of an application may involve more than one officer and applications (and more than one code), and can be shifted from one processing centre to another to make processing as efficient as possible. Applicants can be assured that their application is moving forward even if they have not received a specific update from IRCC. Clients can expect to be contacted if details are missing from their application and/or once a decision has been made.

To maintain the integrity of our application process, user accounts are not deleted in our system once they have become inactive, even if several officers may have been implicated in the processing of an application. This enables us to maintain records of all of the activity that has ever taken place on a given application in our system.

To support increased levels, we’ve implemented a plan to modernize Canada’s immigration system to fuel economic recovery and improve client experience. This will help address key challenges faced by our clients, such as reducing inventories and creating predictable processing times that our clients expect and deserve. Specifically, this includes our plan to hire up to 1,250 new employees by the end of this fall to reduce application backlogs, with a focus on addressing labour shortages, improving client experience and reuniting families. We are taking action to enable our immigration system to work well for everyone.

Takita

May 12, 2021
Same AOR, same PVO and SVO, same agent, same MEP date!

Our applications are pretty much the same. the only difference I noticed is my info sharing is still in progress. I lived in the US for 5 years with multiple address history I wonder if it is the cause.
Did your Info Sharing completed? What does BG Tracker says? Does anything mentioned about Info Sharing in "Application History" in Tracker?

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
Did your Info Sharing completed? What does BG Tracker says? Does anything mentioned about Info Sharing in "Application History" in Tracker?
Info sharing status is from GCMS notes.

Tracker eligibility and background check not started.

yenice

Sep 14, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-10-2022
Nomination.....
17-10-2022
AOR Received.
30-10-2022
I got a bit impatient and called IRCC today to ensure I am not assigned to an inactive officer. Status same as 2 weeks back. Eligibility and Background check not started. Info sharing in progress. My Info sharing has been in progress since the first time I called early Jan. The agent did not provide me the Id of the officer my file was assigned to. Instead, I was sent an email with the below information.

Article about inactive immigration officers and IDs

The Government of Canada is committed to providing efficient and effective processing of applications to support the successful integration of newcomers into Canada.

Applicants can be assured that the 60,000 applications currently in queue for review are being processed. The codes in reference are used to differentiate between the various stages in application flow/review. They are means of inventory management, and clients can still expect to be contacted once a decision has been made.

In some cases, when an officer leaves or becomes inactive, their previous user code will be used to compile similar applications and become a batch code or group reference number. This batch code is used to triage similar applications and aids in processing - they're no longer associated to an individual officer.

It should be noted that IRCC has an integrated network of offices that share the workload as necessary. The processing of an application may involve more than one officer and applications (and more than one code), and can be shifted from one processing centre to another to make processing as efficient as possible. Applicants can be assured that their application is moving forward even if they have not received a specific update from IRCC. Clients can expect to be contacted if details are missing from their application and/or once a decision has been made.

To maintain the integrity of our application process, user accounts are not deleted in our system once they have become inactive, even if several officers may have been implicated in the processing of an application. This enables us to maintain records of all of the activity that has ever taken place on a given application in our system.

To support increased levels, we’ve implemented a plan to modernize Canada’s immigration system to fuel economic recovery and improve client experience. This will help address key challenges faced by our clients, such as reducing inventories and creating predictable processing times that our clients expect and deserve. Specifically, this includes our plan to hire up to 1,250 new employees by the end of this fall to reduce application backlogs, with a focus on addressing labour shortages, improving client experience and reuniting families. We are taking action to enable our immigration system to work well for everyone.
Did agent say if active or inactive?

Takita

May 12, 2021
Info sharing status is from GCMS notes.

Tracker eligibility and background check not started.
BG status on Tracker change to started only when Security started not when Info Sharing/Criminality started.

But, I doubt if BG status on Tracker will complete ONLY when all 3 above complete or just Security complete.

Reactions: yenice

huiqin

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
BG status on Tracker change to started only when Security started not when Info Sharing/Criminality started.

But, I doubt if BG status on Tracker will complete ONLY when all 3 above complete or just Security complete.
It should be all three - Backgound include info sharing, criminality and security

Reactions: Sally-123

Takita

May 12, 2021
It should be all three - Background include info sharing, criminality and security
Yes, But I'm talking about how BG status reflected in Tracker in my case.

Criminality Passed & Info Sharing In Progress --> BG Status - Not Started
Security Started and In Progress --> BG Status - In Progress.

Now, question.
Does BG status change to completed when just Security Passed, but Info Sharing still In Progress? OR
Does BG status change to completed only when both remaining Info Sharing AND Security Passed?

dinesh taneja

Sep 10, 2017
I called ircc yesterday
AOR is Dec 1
Mep-Dec 31
Eligibility passed feb 9
Background -not started
Vo-ottawa
Hope to start background soon

Vonput

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018