+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPC Mississauga Updates?

mister_w

Oct 18, 2020
My MP called someone from CPC Mississauga and he said that since the CPC was closed from March to approx July, they were working from home and they are late on the applications. Since our application was send by paper, they couldn’t process it while working from home because they didn’t have all the informations and couldn’t bring it home with them. However, now they are focusing on the spouse sponshorship and they can now process our application from home with a new system even if it was sent by paper. IRCC has to finish 50k applications (spouse sponsorship) until the end of this year. Let’s just hope we are all in the 50k ones.
Wow lucky for you that you got such info from your MP. I tried with mine and they just keep saying that the file is in progress. :(. Hope that this is true. Everyone in CPCM is getting left behind.

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
Oh trust me. I call my MP alot! I think she's trying to get the most informations so I won't bother her again for a few weeks :p
In my case I applied for Spouse Sponsorship for my husband in Lebanon on August 10,2018. Our application was denied on April 16,2019 and we won an appeal on November 4,2019. The application was open again for process on November 28, 2019, did the medical and update form on December 9,2019. The application is being treated at CPC Mississauga. Since then, I didn't get any update.. So technically, it's been 27 months that we are waiting to be reunited again . I really hope we all get some updates soon.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
My MP called someone from CPC Mississauga and he said that since the CPC was closed from March to approx July, they were working from home and they are late on the applications. Since our application was send by paper, they couldn’t process it while working from home because they didn’t have all the informations and couldn’t bring it home with them. However, now they are focusing on the spouse sponshorship and they can now process our application from home with a new system even if it was sent by paper. IRCC has to finish 50k applications (spouse sponsorship) until the end of this year. Let’s just hope we are all in the 50k ones.
Hopefully, we will get some good news soon. I still trust CPC-M, but frustrated with them. Once they started will flood us with PPRs/DMs

Teepayne

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Oh trust me. I call my MP alot! I think she's trying to get the most informations so I won't bother her again for a few weeks :p
In my case I applied for Spouse Sponsorship for my husband in Lebanon on August 10,2018. Our application was denied on April 16,2019 and we won an appeal on November 4,2019. The application was open again for process on November 28, 2019, did the medical and update form on December 9,2019. The application is being treated at CPC Mississauga. Since then, I didn't get any update.. So technically, it's been 27 months that we are waiting to be reunited again . I really hope we all get some updates soon.
I'm sorry you're waiting so long. Our timelines of first applying and appeals are similar. My husband is also from Lebanon. He landed here in Sept. I hope you hear good news soon.

Reactions: MayTa and Paul09

mister_w

Oct 18, 2020
Hope you get good news soon! We've been away from each other for 1year 6 months now and it's really hard, I can't even imagine your state. Let's hope that CPCM really does start working on applications this year

Reactions: MayTa

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
Anyone applied for visitor visa....
I did. I applied for my husband in August 2020. Then in september they denied the application cause they were not convinced that he would return to Lebanon when the visa would expire. You can try to apply cz mine was treated in Lebanon. So maybe in your case they will accept it. But it can take a few months to get a response.

Maes

Nov 7, 2019
There is no other option to get the things quickly done....now a days they r approving the visitor visa or not???

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
There is no other option to get the things quickly done....now a days they r approving the visitor visa or not???
Trust me if I knew I would have done it :/
I think it really depends of the Visa office and the person who treats your application. I know alot of people who got the visitor visa for their spouse