AOR Received.
11-01-2020
File Transfer...
30-01-2020
Med's Request
01/28/2020
Med's Done....
04-02-2020
Hi, So yesterday I got my 4th ghost update. Medical expired on Feb 8th. CIC Login now does not show feb 8th date but instead it says "
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
All the other details are same.

DelhiHamilton

Feb 27, 2020
We tried contacting our MP and got to know that our file has not been assign an officer yet. Thats really heart breaking.. 11 months of No work going on in cpc Mississauga for Outland spousal sponsorship. Can we come together and tweet Marco mendicino and Justin Trudeau on daily basis specifically about opening CPC Mississauga for outland spouses. its Completely unfair when Ottawa is working while CPC Mississauga is not. We have to come together and raise this particular issue.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
We tried contacting our MP and got to know that our file has not been assign an officer yet. Thats really heart breaking.. 11 months of No work going on in cpc Mississauga for Outland spousal sponsorship. Can we come together and tweet Marco mendicino and Justin Trudeau on daily basis specifically about opening CPC Mississauga for outland spouses. its Completely unfair when Ottawa is working while CPC Mississauga is not. We have to come together and raise this particular issue.
Twitter posts are going on since Sep when Ottawa VO started working. Check on ircc, marco posts, you will see many like us affected with this kind of behaviour from CPC-Mississauga. Join us and start posting tweet on daily basis. You can use your style of language ranging from requesting them mode to insulting/shaming them mode, good luck.

Reactions: AmyL

Tay123

Sep 3, 2020
Hi All,

New to this thread, so apologies if this conversation is already being had and I have missed updates...
Just wondering if anyone has received their medical request in the past few months and if anyone has been approved since? My partner completed his medical about 1 month ago and everything else is complete so we are now just waiting on the final approval.
Curious if anyone has any ideas on how much longer this could be? We submitted our outland application in November 2019 and feel like we are so close, but know it could still be months of waiting.

Also, is anyone's partner here as a visitor during the pandemic? Mine is here as a visitor, so he is only allowed to be here for 6 months. We might not get approval in time, in which case we will be applying for an extension so that he can stay. Has anyone else done this? Was it seamless or did you face issues? Note that he is British and only required an ETA to come here.

Thanks for any feedback!!

Peekapoo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
Hi All,

New to this thread, so apologies if this conversation is already being had and I have missed updates...
Just wondering if anyone has received their medical request in the past few months and if anyone has been approved since? My partner completed his medical about 1 month ago and everything else is complete so we are now just waiting on the final approval.
Curious if anyone has any ideas on how much longer this could be? We submitted our outland application in November 2019 and feel like we are so close, but know it could still be months of waiting.

Also, is anyone's partner here as a visitor during the pandemic? Mine is here as a visitor, so he is only allowed to be here for 6 months. We might not get approval in time, in which case we will be applying for an extension so that he can stay. Has anyone else done this? Was it seamless or did you face issues? Note that he is British and only required an ETA to come here.

Thanks for any feedback!!
When did they ask for the medical??

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Next step should be reaching out to reporters and getting this out into the public.
If you look at some of the posts, especially from those in the Spousal Sponsorship Advocacy Group, many of them have tagged various people including some of the major news outlets. Please feel free to add to the growing number of people that are speaking out. I read the stories on here and it breaks my heart. There is no need for some of this. In my opinion, if schools can open and teachers have to teach, then they can open these offices. Children are germier than adults in most cases! Oh, and there is a petition going around right now as well, so go sign it. I contacted everyone I knew in Canada and asked them to sign it.

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Hi Everyone! I just want to share the response I got from IRRC today. I send out inquiries through Web Form everyday or every other day, hoping they'll get annoyed and do something about my husband's application. And usually get the generic reply, but this time it included an agents name (Carmelina, agent 4164). The email states, "Please note that this is a response to the emails received between January 6 and February 1, 2021. We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process. All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment." I'm not sure if I should take this as a good thing as I have never seen a response with an agents name. Does anyone received anything similar lately?

Reactions: AmyL

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi Everyone! I just want to share the response I got from IRRC today. I send out inquiries through Web Form everyday or every other day, hoping they'll get annoyed and do something about my husband's application. And usually get the generic reply, but this time it included an agents name (Carmelina, agent 4164). The email states, "Please note that this is a response to the emails received between January 6 and February 1, 2021. We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process. All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment." I'm not sure if I should take this as a good thing as I have never seen a response with an agents name. Does anyone received anything similar lately?
Just the fact you received a more personal response than the generic reply is a good thing, I don't know if it will make any difference in speeding your app along though.

Reactions: LJayme

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
I did the same thing in December.. send a message every few days. I got the same msg than you.. no updates since then :/

SLDavid

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
So I sent the below email to new channels of canada to inform them about the issue that we all are facing.... If possible please write a similar email (or just copy and reformat) and send it to the email ids i am providing:

Respected Sir/Madam,

We, a group of 150+ applicants bring your kind attention to:

The selective negligence of IRCC CPC Mississauga office for family sponsorship Files submitted since mid to early 2020

Some facts:

1. Given the Covid-19 pandemic – Case Processing Center (CPC) Mississauga was closed till September 2020 & that was understandable

2. Starting October 2020 – CPC Mississauga has been issuing PR visas to applicants who submitted their sponsorship file after February 2020 but have failed to process applications prior to that.

3. Under the leadership of Minister Marco Mendicino - IRCC has reopened all the visa offices except Mississauga & this means all other Canadian visa offices worldwide are issuing PR at normal processing times and even faster as compared to our applications

4. You can see from this Facebook group and Canada Visa Forums that timely processing has been applied even in this pandemic situations for every Visa Office other than Mississauga

What we have done so far :

1. We have contacted our MPs for update and even leaders of opposition but nobody seems interested in our plea. The best we have got till now is a Covid reply template from IRCC and our MPs and this further creates confusion and frustration.

2. We contacted the PM office and Marco Mendicino’s office and only got normal COVID delays as the reply.

3. We have legally paid all the taxes to this government as we are legit & proud Permanent Residents of this country and we ask for to at least have the right to see smiling faces of our family members besides us.

What we hope from you :

1. We request the media to bring this attention to public and also raise this issue with the prime minister during the reporter meet. We see that the PM is available every other day to answer reporters from his Ottawa office currently

2. We would be available for a zoom meeting if you need more proof regarding our situation

We hope for a positive reply from your side

Many thanks

From - Applicants waiting to see their family members

email ids - alerts@globalnews.ca; newsonline@ctv.ca; cp24app@bellmedia.ca; breakingnews@cp24.com; tonews@cbc.ca

NK^2

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
So I sent the below email to new channels of canada to inform them about the issue that we all are facing.... If possible please write a similar email (or just copy and reformat) and send it to the email ids i am providing:

Respected Sir/Madam,

We, a group of 150+ applicants bring your kind attention to:

The selective negligence of IRCC CPC Mississauga office for family sponsorship Files submitted since mid to early 2020

Some facts:

1. Given the Covid-19 pandemic – Case Processing Center (CPC) Mississauga was closed till September 2020 & that was understandable

2. Starting October 2020 – CPC Mississauga has been issuing PR visas to applicants who submitted their sponsorship file after February 2020 but have failed to process applications prior to that.

3. Under the leadership of Minister Marco Mendicino - IRCC has reopened all the visa offices except Mississauga & this means all other Canadian visa offices worldwide are issuing PR at normal processing times and even faster as compared to our applications

4. You can see from this Facebook group and Canada Visa Forums that timely processing has been applied even in this pandemic situations for every Visa Office other than Mississauga

What we have done so far :

1. We have contacted our MPs for update and even leaders of opposition but nobody seems interested in our plea. The best we have got till now is a Covid reply template from IRCC and our MPs and this further creates confusion and frustration.

2. We contacted the PM office and Marco Mendicino’s office and only got normal COVID delays as the reply.

3. We have legally paid all the taxes to this government as we are legit & proud Permanent Residents of this country and we ask for to at least have the right to see smiling faces of our family members besides us.

What we hope from you :

1. We request the media to bring this attention to public and also raise this issue with the prime minister during the reporter meet. We see that the PM is available every other day to answer reporters from his Ottawa office currently

2. We would be available for a zoom meeting if you need more proof regarding our situation

We hope for a positive reply from your side

Many thanks

From - Applicants waiting to see their family members

email ids - alerts@globalnews.ca; newsonline@ctv.ca; cp24app@bellmedia.ca; breakingnews@cp24.com; tonews@cbc.ca
Heads up point 2 is incorrect. It’s Ottawa and now more recently Beijing that are processing newer apps.

more recently, Mississauga is processing inland apps too as of late. Just no Outland.

Theabhiraj

Jan 29, 2018
My medical expired yesterday, profile updated. When I click on it application status reads we are processing your application,we will send you a message....blah blah

• Sad
Reactions: akaus852

Ahmed Ra

Feb 1, 2021
I got an email before almost one month and says that we will be contacted from Etobicoke office for an interview and nothing till now please if anyone could help on the website it says decision made and the last step is we sent you a correspondence on Jan 21. If anyone in this situation please help

account77

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got an email before almost one month and says that we will be contacted from Etobicoke office for an interview and nothing till now please if anyone could help on the website it says decision made and the last step is we sent you a correspondence on Jan 21. If anyone in this situation please help
What's your timeline?